The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Got some questions. First some back ground. New to reloading pistol loads, using a Lee Loadmaster, main shooter is a Springfield XDM-9mm. When I started this I bulk ordered 8lbs of Accurate #7 and 4lbs of Ramshot Zip. I started with the #7 and worked up from min loads till I got rounds that worked good in the gun. Then I started with the Zip. The last batch of test rounds were right at published max loads and I still was having fail to feed issues. 2 batches of 10 rounds each for Berrys 124 grain plated and Magtech 115 grain FMJ. 3 times out of 10 on each batch failed to feed. The 3 out of each were put back in the box for review when I got home. I double checked OAL and was well short of max OAL and well above min OAL. Where do I go from here? Do I bump up the charge more or just scrap the Zip, or is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Toss the ZIP. the problem is Zip is down there with AA#2 in burn rate. Stick with the #7 and save the Zip for .45ACP..

All youre missing is a burn rate chart to use when interpreting your load data.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think with a name like "ZIP" and seeing that you use less grains that would not be true (LOL) I don't have a .45 YET but have been saving any brass that I pick up at the range for the future. Thank you for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts