The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My daughter, SIL and grand-daughter are in for the holiday on leave. They brought me this pile of junk ;) :D and I'm looking for ideas on what to do with it. Any suggestions? Should I scrap it or try to make the best of it? My comments are pure sarcasim.
The lower is a DPMS
The grip and collapsable stock are Magpul
A H buffer and spring
A 30 round PMag
Laser and pressure switch
Mid length handgaurd

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, they won't let me pay them anything for it either.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I can send you my address if you want...;)

·
Super Moderator
41,388 Posts
I will second what Dan said, I will be happy to dispose of it for you, and I won't charge you very much either!!

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Build it.

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that I'll build it :rolleyes:. I think I'm going to go with M4 look.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Looks like you just need a lower parts kit, upper receiver, bolt carrier group and a barrel. You sure they didn't bring it to you just so you'd complete it for them? :D

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like you just need a lower parts kit, upper receiver, bolt carrier group and a barrel. You sure they didn't bring it to you just so you'd complete it for them? :D
Nope. John has already built 3 for himself. They knew I was looking for a lower and he had this one just lying around. I've got the LPK on order already. Having problems finding the upper that I want, everyone seems to have the A3 flat-tops but not the A2 wwith carry handle.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Just go with a flat top and put a removable carry handle on it - that's what I'm doing with mine. Going with a flat top gas block also and putting a removable iron sight on that. I figure that this way I'll have it built with a lot of flexibility should I wish to try other configurations. I'm going with a Magpul foregrip that I can put rails on for a bipod and a light because I figure I may very well need a light on if for the dark winter nights if wolves get into my sheep.

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My in laws and family would NEVER bring me "junk" like that!!! Lucky DEvil!!!
I have to admit that I'm pretty blessed. Now if my other SIL would just get me that M203 that I want, all will be grand.

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
My kids are good with this also. They got me a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag for Christmas 2 years ago. My son got me a black powder 50 cal pistol for fathers day. This Christmas they got me a Marlin 44 mag 1894 lever gun.

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took everyones advice and built it, finally. Not the carry handle A2 version but I can always put the clamp on handle later. I'm actually thinking of putting a small optical on top with an offset mount for the laser sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice looking rifle! When you start to add things to it, just make sure you don't go overboard like some folks do lol it's easy to get more things for those than you will actually need/use, I'm tempted often.

Attachments

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,082 Posts
Nice looking rifle! When you start to add things to it, just make sure you don't go overboard like some folks do lol it's easy to get more things for those than you will actually need/use, I'm tempted often.
Now that gives a whole new meaning to 'overkill'!:eek:hmygosh:

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Now that's what I call "tacticool".

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I have to admit that I'm pretty blessed. Now if my other SIL would just get me that M203 that I want, all will be grand.
This is why you don't have what you want.......
You have been 'gifted' and you call it junk.....
then ask for more. :):)

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
This is why you don't have what you want.......
You have been 'gifted' and you call it junk.....
then ask for more. :):)
Actually, the "junk" term was sarcasim and I stated that in my original post. I have thanked and thanked and offered to pay for all of it. And as to the M203 from my other SIL, he was actually the one to suggest it, not me but it sounds like a nice addition.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts