what to get?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

a young shooter
    (1/20/02 11:26:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All what to get?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi thanx to all who replied to my first post. now what do you think would be the best single action .38 specal that i could find for a good price? and what do you people think about a 1892 modle lever action?
    thanx for all the help

Edited by: a young shooter at: 1/20/02 11:27:17 am

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/20/02 11:37:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: what to get?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Living where I do have had quite a few lever action rifles - mostly Winchester. Fine rifles every one.

As to .38's I can't really help you there and unless you are 21 I'm not sure you could legally buy one. However, I'm sure someone might be able to steer you in the right direction.
    TLynn

a young shooter
    (1/20/02 12:48:30 pm)
    well i am not 21 but i can have my dad buy it in his name

i still need info plez

a young shooter
    (1/21/02 10:18:46 am)
    would some one plez help me here or at least point me tord some one who can help me

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (1/21/02 10:31:59 am)
    If you are planning on shooting the cowboy matches with the .38 spl. I'd recommend the Uberti Cattleman in .357 mag. w/ 5.5" barrel. Load it with .38 spl. ammo. Faster shots with less recoil to get back on target faster. As far as the rifle, I'd think about the Uberti 1866 Yellowboy carbine or the Uberti Winchester mod. 1873 carbine in .38spl. Then you have the rifle /pistol combo that shoots the same caliber. I hope this helps.

a young shooter
    (1/21/02 10:40:33 am)
    thanx shooter! but i am still like the 1892 action can I get one of those rifles in 1892?

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (1/21/02 10:52:06 am)
    The Winchester mod.1892 was an updated successor to the 1873 using a scaled down version of the mod 1886 action. Production stopped around 1941 so if you can find one it will be high priced. That was my reason for suggesting the Uberti.

BTW, I'll be moving this thread to the Large bore/small bore Rifle forum.

AntiqueDr
    (1/21/02 11:03:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: what to get?
    Look at Cimarron Firearms. They make a single-action called the Model P Jr that is a slightly scaled down Model P, chambered specifically in .38 Spl. Designed for younger/smaller framed cowboy action shooters.

You can get the .357/.38 in the 1873 also from Cimarron, or you can get a reasonable 1892 copy from Braztech. The Cimarron will have a much higher quality fit and finish, but is more expensive.

Cimarron imports Uberti guns and does some of the final finishing here. Top quality stuff.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    (1/23/02 12:32:03 pm)
    Yshooter, pick up a Dixie Gun Works cataloque, they have a pretty comprehensive list and descriptions of all the repro and available Cowboy Action guns out there...and are good people to deal with also. I think their website is www.Dixiegunworks.com

You can order a catalogue there I think it's good reading too...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 1/23/02 12:35:45 pm

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>