What was your favorite decade ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigbore480, Apr 13, 2009.

1. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

I am depressed today .Tax time is here it’s been raining for days. Our government has been outsourced to the third world. What was your happiest decade? I’m partial to the 70’s. I could look at girls without being called a dirty old man. I rode my dirt bike everywhere. Shot trap at the gun club. Went to keg parties. I still had this delusion that I would someday make it big.

2. islenos

islenos Active Member

80's sure do miss the $125 AK's

3. artabr

artabr New Member

I'd say the 70's but I wish I would have been in my late teen's to early 20's in the 1950's or 60's
    I've always felt that I was born a little later than I would have liked.

Art

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'd have to say the 50s. Not because I was still young and dumb,but because things were not nice for me personally during the 60s and 70s. Then I spent the 80s and 90s working for the worst boss in the world (myself.)

The 00s were very fun, as I drove school bus and found I really loved it. So, that period comes in second.

Pops

5. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

I think for me it was the 80's. I really enjoyed my growing family, was finding success in my personal career and felling good about myself and life in general.

Slowly, I've been morphing into a curmudgeon but I enjoy working everyday.

6. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

"I'd say the 70's but I wish I would have been in my late teen's to early 20's in the 1950's or 60's
    I've always felt that I was born a little later than I would have liked".

I'm with you there Artabr, to many old fashioned ideas in my head for today, but I ain't giving them up.

Sat in the new Dodge Challenger today, just to give the salesman a thrill,
    (and me!!) :D

I like it, it took me back to wild rides in the real McCoy.
    Supercharged Hurst :D:D:D

7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Def the 70's.
    Way too many memories that you go to jail for nowadays.:eek:

8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, considering I was born in 1978, I'd have to say the '80s. And probably about three years in the late '90s (when I was in high school). Many many fond memories from the 80s and 90s:D:D:D

9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I would definitely say the forties and fifties.

10. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

I remeber being in the carnival in the late 70"s. we were set up in some town in southern lousiana. went to a bar after work one night with some friends. One of my friends started hitting on the cajun girls. Wrong thing to do. bar stools flying pool cue's upside the head. remember looking up and seeing flashing lights. I have never loved policemen more than that moment. there was only a small motel in that town and it was booked up they let us stay in unlocked jail cells and shower every night after work. That would be my only good jail memory.

11. In many ways, I would have to say the 1960s, at least up until 1969 when Uncle Sugar sent me on an all expense paid "vacation" to Southeast Asia. ;) Suffice it to say that the 1960s was a very good time to be male, single, and possessed of a strong libido. :D;)

12. Brian48

Brian48 New Member

The 80's. Excluding my highschool years (grad in '83) in which I was miserable for the most part, most of my USMC enlistment was in the 80's. Although I got out in '93, I can fondly look back and say those were some truely great times in which I went to a lot places and experienced things that most people never get a chance to experience.

13. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

Without a doubt, it was the 70's. But for different reasons. I was not even a teenager yet, but I still had both my Mother and Father, and my Grandma & Papaw, who lived "right across the field". All seemed right with my little piece of the world, and yes, I guess you could say I was spoiled, being an only child. I always felt completely safe because I knew my dad would never let any harm come to me. He taught me to respect my elders & authority, but to never back down if I was in the right. I miss him terribly. To this day, I have yet to find a plate of biscuits & gravy that even remotely compares to Grandma's, and it's now been 27 years since I've had perfect gravy. As for papaw, well you know the phrase, I thought he walked on water. Still got mom, thank goodness, and the wife keeps telling me I'm a mama's boy. I just smile and say, yep:D

14. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

What if we don't have that many to pick from?

:p

15. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Wow, hard one. The50s were all fun, the 60s, 70s and 80s, too. The 90s, not so much. The 00s, well the jury's still out. TJ