The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some stag grips. I'm gonna put them on a gun, obviously. Just can't decide WHICH.

I got blue guns, black guns, stainless guns, and one that's green.

I'm going to buy new screws, to go with the new grips - allen screws. The color of the screws bought would depend upon the gun it goes on - blue or stainless screws.

So, if you was gonna put stag grips on a gun, would you put 'me on a high-polish blue, a high-polish black, a flattish/mattish black, a flattish/mattish stainless, a shiney stainless or a shiny OD green teflon?

And would if it was full size or Commander size make a difference in the decision?

·
Super Moderator
28,038 Posts
I vote for shiny stainless. :)

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I have some snake skins on a blue taurus 1911 that look real good. I know thats not the same. I would probably just hold them up against every gun until you find the right combination. Kind of like I did with my TFF grips and they ended up on my desert eagle 1911 commander. I just "knew" thats where they belonged. You will know when you see it....

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Stag grips usually have quite a bit of white in them, and I think that the contrasting colors of a high polish black, or high polish blue, would look the best to me!

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaaaaand, it don't matter. I just tried 'em on the green one, and the screw holes aren't exactly the right distance apart.

They go over the bushings all right, but the top side of the holes are just a leeeeettle bit off, and if one is perfect, the other one wants to go in slanted. Cannot get the grips in any position where I could get both screws to start in straight.

Dammitman.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Sorry to hyjack, just thought I would show you the snake skins and the TFFs. I just knew it when they fit...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I think it was on my third 1911 when the light came on. I believe people like the 1911 so much is because of all the after market goodies ( especially grips ), that are available. I have MOP grips on a two tone , stag grips on a blue frame that all the controls are satin nickle and so forth. And like most hard core .45 owners, I have way more grips and holsters than guns, and enough extra parts lying around to build a couple more .45's.:D

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Blued commander Alpo. Classic style blued, and blued colt grip screws. Stag and ivory look best on dark guns.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Dan as much as I hate snakes I have to say that is one sweet piece. The way the gold engraving plays off the gold in the skin is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Its not bad for a series 80...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts