The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Guns Scare Me
The way he's going on about it I'd say a 10mm. Rock Islands are great guns. They're accurate and reliable. Every bit as good as a high end 1911 just not as pretty.
I think that's a 9mm. It has what looks to be a 10 round magazine, which is what comes with the 9mm Rock Islands. And if so... :unsure:

Premium Member
The way he's going on about it I'd say a 10mm. Rock Islands are great guns. They're accurate and reliable. Every bit as good as a high end 1911 just not as pretty.
This one looks pretty to me.

Registered
I dislike the full length guide rod, the nickeled or chromed pieces, the fiber optic front sight, the funneled magazine well, and the big pad on the base of the magazine that is needed because of the funneled magazine well. I consider a couple of them unnecessary and the rest of them to be tacky.

Hey - he asked what I thought.

Registered
I dislike the full length guide rod, the nickeled or chromed pieces, the fiber optic front sight, the funneled magazine well, and the big pad on the base of the magazine that is needed because of the funneled magazine well. I consider a couple of them unnecessary and the rest of them to be tacky.

I was trying to be nice(for once). I don't like any of those things either. Mine has a full length guide rod and I've been saying I was going to change it out since 2011 but haven't found my roundtuit yet. I don't like the grips either. The mag looks like the fonky ACT mag it came with. That and the grips were the first thing I got rid of. I had to order the gun so I actually had the grips and CMC mags first

Registered
Guns Scare Me

I believe the shiny stuff is polished. From the mag well, the mag with base pad, the sights to the grips and trigger, all those features (unpolished) are on a standard RIA 1911 Ultra FS, except for the full length guide rod. It's just polished up. It's not my gun, but I wouldn't have spent the time to do all of that. I'd go straight for the internals, which I did on mine.

Registered
I believe the shiny stuff is polished. From the mag well, the mag with base pad, the sights to the grips and trigger, all those features (unpolished) are on a standard RIA 1911 Ultra FS, except for the full length guide rod. It's just polished up. It's not my gun, but I wouldn't have spent the time to do all of that. I'd go straight for the internals, which I did on mine.
The only Rock Island that doesn't have a full length guide rod is the GI model.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts