The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw the other thread about dragunov's. reminds me i don't have one yet.

what these go for these days for a shooter?

anyone got one.. how do they compair , action wise, to an sks. ( figure anyting has to shoot betterthan an AK :) )

better yet.. how do they compair to an SVT 40? I have one of thos ein 762x54r love that gun...

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
They are oversized AKs. Shooters are just that.. Ak accurate shooters. But the designated snipers are a different story. some of them can be pretty damn accurate.

Last one i priced was about 800 bucks, and it was just a shooter.

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting.. so more like an ak vs the sks/aks . and similar shooting action, except for the ones vetted for sniper work.

hmm.. maybee I don't need one.

I like my svt40 way better than an AK and moreso than my sks's ( i like an sks better than an ak personally. )

thanks! may have saved me some $$

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
AK, AKM and AKS are pretty much the same things. SKS is different. SVD (Dragunov) is an AK scaled up for the 7.62X54R.

I have always wanted an SVD, but they are dreadfully heavy for gas operated rifles. The one time i ever shot one it was a replica and weighed about 13 pounds. Not something id wanna wag around all day. but it was a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Yes. i find them very similar. Jeffs got a 40 down at the shop Ive been fondling. Trying not to buy it. I could prolly get it for 600.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
The SVT just doesnt have the cool AK bolt throw. But other than that the targets you shoot with them wont know the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.