The Firearms Forum banner

Whats for dinner???

191K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  flyingtiger85 
#1 ·
Were having "Salad" (salad was the name of our red angus steer)

T-Bones, Burgers, and Becks Broiled taters, and I think shes got some corn and green beans on the stove...mmmm:)

Sorry Beth :D

#6 ·
hmm, I aint prepared any chicken in awhile, the wife usually does the poultry, she makes some killer baked chicken with a garlic butter baste. The skin is so good my daughter will pull all of it off and put it on her plate...

#15 ·
We had salmon croquettes, sweet peas, and sliced new potatoes!

#18 ·
Try those potatoes with an onion and you have my favorite dish with steak, Lyonnaise Potatoes.

Here's what I had:

Beef & Cheese Enchiladas with Spanish Rice

Reactions: berto64
#20 ·
i want to try pickles, hows the red fish strong?

any of you use allspice? Is it hot?
Pickles: I was not watching too hard but he took some flour and seasoned it. He did something with egg yokes and made a beer batter out of the whole thing. He dipped the pickles in the batter and fried.

Red fish: Are you asking if it has a strong fishy tast? We catch our own and freeze it in water. I notice that fish pick up a fishy tast if you let it get freezer burn. Yuck! I cant eat it like that. Red fish has a firm flesh and can be used in a variety of dishes becuase of that. You can make a court bouillion, fry, bake, blacken, broil, or even put it on the pit. In fact i have some dishes in the cooking forum you can check out. I'll see if i can find it.

here it is

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67747

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67752

#22 ·
Take your filet's and put them in a zip lock bag, fill with water. Squeeze out as much water and all the air out of the bag. Freeze and rethaw when you need it. Freezing in water keeps the filets from being burned. For a while anyway. Your not going to save it for years you know.

#24 ·
The only other way to prevent freezer burn is to buy a 'spensive' vacuum sealer, I know , I bought one and really never use it... the water method works the same way, it removes the air which is what expedites freezer burn...

Tonight we are having Broiled chicken breasts, Broccoli rice and cheese, and green beeenz. Ill get some pics when its done.... I didnt cook tonight, and the wife doesnt allow me in the kitchen when she cooks, Im terrible about taking over, she hates it...;)

Reactions: gdmoody
#25 ·
FINALLY!!! i been smellin this for an hour now. Hate it when the wife cooks, she wont let me pick... Heres what were eating 1-11-11!

The rice is fanfreakintastic! and were doing dinner and a movie tonight, were watching the book of eli...

Attachments

Reactions: gdmoody
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.