The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2,140 Posts
Take your filet's and put them in a zip lock bag, fill with water. Squeeze out as much water and all the air out of the bag. Freeze and rethaw when you need it. Freezing in water keeps the filets from being burned. For a while anyway. Your not going to save it for years you know.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
The only other way to prevent freezer burn is to buy a 'spensive' vacuum sealer, I know , I bought one and really never use it... the water method works the same way, it removes the air which is what expedites freezer burn...

Tonight we are having Broiled chicken breasts, Broccoli rice and cheese, and green beeenz. Ill get some pics when its done.... I didnt cook tonight, and the wife doesnt allow me in the kitchen when she cooks, Im terrible about taking over, she hates it...;)

Reactions: gdmoody
Discussion starter · #25 ·
FINALLY!!! i been smellin this for an hour now. Hate it when the wife cooks, she wont let me pick... Heres what were eating 1-11-11!

The rice is fanfreakintastic! and were doing dinner and a movie tonight, were watching the book of eli...

Attachments

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I thought it was a very good movie. One of denzels best IMO, next to man on fire, which is my favorite Denzel flick...

As good as the food is, I would miss a meal to watch "Man on fire" I have seen it a couple of dozen times and I'm still not tired of it. I like "The Book of Eli" but it just is not the same.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Were gonna head out for dinner tonight, I got off work earlier than normal so were headn out for Mongolian Stirfry tonight. Love that stuff.

I put in an order for "man on fire" thru netflix, it should be here tomorrow mornin...:)

May wife made up some BBQ pork today for lunch and we watched the new True Grit movie during lunch. We've been cooped up in the house since Sunday due to the snow so tonight we went out to Zaxby's. Had to test the roads anyway because I got to get back to work tomorrow!!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Zaxbys??? please elaborate George...

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Remember that oven baked chicken i mentioned earlier in this thread, the one autumn takes the skin from, were eating that tonight. The wifes basting them again right now. Dear lord they look goooood!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
A Chicken place, specializes in "chicken fingers" and hot wings. It is a franchise chain, but it may only be in the southeast of the US.

http://www.zaxbys.com/home.aspx

EDIT: I just looked at the locations in their website and they have half a dozen locations in Texas.
ooh, theres one in mansfield off matlock, thats only about 45 minutes from my house. Gonna try it this weekend.

Thanks George.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
no pictures of chicken
not yet, almost... The only thing that sucks about the wifes baked chicken is it takes 4ever to cook. Im dyin over here...;)

21 - 40 of 2,140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.