The Firearms Forum banner
81 - 100 of 2,140 Posts
im cookin some ny strips right now

My hispanic customers like my Hot BBQ sauce. I take my sweet recipe and puree fresh mexican chiles after they have smoked on the smoker for a couple hours and are mushy. for 1 gallon of sauce I smoke 5 habaneros, 5 jalapenos, and 5 serranos, put em in the blender and walk away til they are smooth liquid, seeds and all. then just cut it directly into the sauce. It tastes great but will make your sinuses drain. I got a few regulars that come by every weekend for a gallon of that stuff. They tell me they put it on everything from tacos to enchiladas, to even their spanich rice.
Sounds delicious! I love a good salsa and some good hot BBQ sauce!

Discussion starter · #83 ·
you and me both. i aint made it in a while, but i have a rockin hot recipe for pico salsa. Basically i make pico de gallo and fresh salsa de arbol and mix them together. Its fanfreakintastic with Santitas tortilla chips and it also will drain your sinuses...:D

Reactions: gdmoody
you and me both. i aint made it in a while, but i have a rockin hot recipe for pico salsa. Basically i make pico de gallo and fresh salsa de arbol and mix them together. Its fanfreakintastic with Santitas tortilla chips and it also will drain your sinuses...:D
Sounds great!

I had a co-worker that used to make "Sonny's Hot Sauce" and sell it during football season. He made two recipes: "Hot" and "Hell" - I would buy a quart jar of Hell for one game day. One of the ladies we worked with swore that she spilled some of his "Hell" sauce on her kitchen counter and removed the paint! Sonny would never tell what he made it of - could've been battery acid for all we knew, but it was delicious! One of his best batches was a mistake where he wound up with "Hotter than Hell!" :D

He since retired and, due to stomach ailments, had to give up spicy foods which was a real shame!

Discussion starter · #85 ·
prolly all the high concentrations of capcaisin eroded the lining of his stomach. :eek:

The boys have water polo practice so they got what they wanted. They wanted my famous sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches.

Imma have Zatarains Reda beans and Rice, rolled up in a tortilla shell with hot sauce and cheese. Tater salad on the side. And beer.

No friends at work tomorrow.:p

Nothing like coming in from a cold wet rainy day to a nice big pot of steaming hot cabbage soup. Lots of cabbage some cut up potatoes and carrots all in a rich beefy broth. That and some hot crusty home made bread. uuuuuummmm uuuuummmmmm!!! So good and so good for you.

Discussion starter · #91 · (Edited)
All yesterdays talk about properly cooked swine got me hungry for pork so i did up some spare ribs and grilled stufft anaheims wrapped in maple bacon with a side of garlic-butter seasoned corn and greenbeans.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #92 ·
Those things had a candy shell made of BBQ sauce on them and fell right off the bone.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
The wife makes some killer cabbage soup... Although not that often, cabbage and I have a love hate relationship... I love to eat it, but the wife hates the aftermath if you catch me drift...;)

Discussion starter · #97 ·
well my momma wasnt here so I just et another rib instead...;)

Discussion starter · #99 ·
I invited her and my dad over but my lil bro and his wife and kids showed up instead... Her and my dad went to my sisters for chili frito pie.. Thier loss...:)

All I had was a Pastromi sandwich and french fries. My wife gave me a bowl of lettuce and said here is your salad. She got mad when I told her that a bowl of lettuce does not make a salad, you got to put some maters, bacon, cheese, and boiled egg in with the lettuce.

Someone mentioned fried green tomatoes, I can't wait for the tomatoes to start producing. My wife might not know s#*t about salad but she sure can fry some mighty good green maters!!

81 - 100 of 2,140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.