The Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Ithaca Model 49 single shot lever action in 22 Mag. Worked with a guy that sold me one for $50.00. Had one years ago but don't remember what happened to it. Myself and 2 other guys had them and shot the crap out of them. The range we used was 22 rifle and pistol only. Someone called the Law saying we were shooting Big Bore rifles.
LEO that came out just laughed. :D
Took the one I bought, refinished the stock, shot it a bit then one morning while shooting, gave it to the guy that was the Range Master at our Gun Club. All he could say was Thank You. Made a friend for life. :cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll start by saying I was at an auction a few years ago which had some rifles advertised for the sale. They had a Remington Nylon 66 Black Diamond there which had a three inch hole in the stock. I bought the rifle for $35 and brought it home. I contacted Remington and sent the rifle to them knowing their was a lifetime warranty on the stock. Remington not only replaced the stock but they gave the rifle a thorough cleaning and polished the chrome finish. All it cost me was the shipping to the plant which is 100 miles from home.
It's a fun little gun to shoot and is a companion to my Mohawk Brown model 66 which also shoots well.
Keep it safe. Here is the going price, low end $999 High end REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY ~ NYLON 66BD ~ Black Diamond ~ .22 LONG RIFLE | Bass Pro Shops
:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll start by saying I was at an auction a few years ago which had some rifles advertised for the sale. They had a Remington Nylon 66 Black Diamond there which had a three inch hole in the stock. I bought the rifle for $35 and brought it home. I contacted Remington and sent the rifle to them knowing their was a lifetime warranty on the stock. Remington not only replaced the stock but they gave the rifle a thorough cleaning and polished the chrome finish. All it cost me was the shipping to the plant which is 100 miles from home.
It's a fun little gun to shoot and is a companion to my Mohawk Brown model 66 which also shoots well.
This is the best buy I ever made, a 1900 Stevens Model 54 in .22 cal.I was shootin the breeze with a couple other ole timers in our local gun shop(now closed) The gun shop heard us yakin and he said I got somethin you might be interested in, and he get's it out of his gun safe. Some fellow inherited it and he brought it to the gun shop to sell on consignment.It had a price tag hangin on it the read $3500 bucks. So I asked Gill , the shop owner , if I could take it home and see how it shoots, No Problem. So I shot it at my 100 yd range and it was dead on. I went back and offered $3,000. and he took it. Now here's the best part, according to one of my gun value books this rifle starts out at $5,000. and goes up to $14,000. Another thing about this rifle is it has an ALL ROUND barrel. Stevens didn't make an ALL ROUND barreled rifle. So I guess it was special order, they did do that back in the day.I re-chambered it for 22-3000 Lovell , which has a pretty good punch. It has double set triggers and a cut down Swiss butte plate. It has very fine engravings on both sides of the receiver. I put a Unertle 24 power scope on it and I can drive tacks at a 100 yards with it.
I don't think I will ever sell it.
Gregory C. Korner Sr. Brookville, IN 47012

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
One thing I have never hesitated to do, is if I'm wrong about something, I will admit it. All the years I have owned my Nylon 66 I have called it a "Black Diamond". I believe I'm wrong in doing this.
According to the 2019 S. P. Fjestad "Blue Book of Gun values" (40th. edition) my Nylon 66 is not a "Black Diamond". They are calling my gun an "Apache Black/Chrome Nylon 66" the value of which is actually higher than the "Black Diamond" I'm always open to corrections..
When my daughter stops by with her phone which takes decent pictures I'll post a picture of my Nylon 66 on here.
Lynn

·
Registered
25 Posts
Best deal? The Colt “Colteer” .22 semi auto my dad gave me when I was 11 or 12. The “deal” was to ALWAYS be safe and NEVER point it at anyone even if I knew it was empty, always treat it like its loaded. One “breaking the deal” that was it!! That was a “deal” I was proud of. 👍. Great memories with my dad and friends taget practicing over the years

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The company I used to work for would give out Walmart gift cards for achieving certain safety, United Way campaign and quality process goals. I saved them up for a little over a year and bought a stainless 10/22 for 98 cents of my own money.
I'm glad to hear you didn't waste those cards on groceries or clothes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Browning BAR gave to me by a friend to keep while he went to VN,,Never came back. I will always keep this .22 rifle as long as I live and pass it down to my grandkids for when I die to honor a true American hero who gave his life for what his country believed... I hope they keep it for generation after generation in his name and his remembrance 😢

41 - 60 of 83 Posts