The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Any of the name brand (RCBS, Lyman, Redding, Hornady) powder measures are a good choice but the Lee ones, while inventive and cheap, are not a good choice at all. I have tired them and like the real powder measures much better (I gave my Lee ones away). They are plastic...UGG!

A few things to look for in any powder measure are fine adjustments, adapters to allow "through the die" on the press operation, and a baffle in the supply tube that equalizes the weight of the remaining powder on the mechanism for more uniform delivery of powder even when the supply tube is filled or low. Smooth operation of the handle is important too as the accuracy of the powder delivery can be a function of how the handle is operated.

With your condition you may want to consider automatic operation of the powder measure. As the case goes up into the powder die it actuates the powder measure, delivering the powder directly into the case... hands off operation except for operating the press handle. The Dillon powder measure fits in a standard press hole and operates automatically as described. Regardless of some other's opinions, I have found it to be as accurate as any of the other handle operated measures, especially if you use ball powders (it is not particularly happy with long grained powders but most powder measures suffer from the same dislike).

LDBennett

1 - 1 of 1 Posts