The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
The lyman #55 has served me well atop my Lyman turret press, it can be found for a reasonable price around $70, it comes with the 7/8 thread adapter bushing for mounting into a turret station, and two different drop tubes for large and small case mouths. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=703838

I am interested to see if anyone chimes in on the Hornady lnl powder measure it sounds like a nice choice for around $65 it is very inexpensive for the quality.
DING DING DING. We have a winner!!! the lyman 55 is THE best powder measure on the market for your money. there are better ones out there but they will cost your first born...

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I have a lee perfect powder measure as a back-up powder measure. I dont use it voluntarily unless my 55 goes down for some reason but it will get you by rather accurately...

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
The 55 is what I have been using for 30 years or so. When I started using it, I would check every 5th drop, then went to every 10, and am now up to 25-30 depending on powder.
To be perfectly honest I started using mine the same way. checking religiously every 10th drop to verify weight. A weight that NEVER changed, so I too quit checking so often. Now when I set it up I set it to drop a specific charge weight with a lyman 1000 digital scale. load 10, check weight and load the rest. I always check the last round loaded just to make sure i aint got to get the bullet puller, I have used this measure this way for half a decade and i have yet to break my rounds down because the measure malfunctioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts