The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have waaaay too many knives. Almost all the high-end ones are safe queens. That sort of defeats the purpose of owning them.🤷‍♂️ The ones that I do edc will do most of what I need but occasionally They just re gone. I put it down and left it or it falls out of my pocket, or they are transported to another time dimension. The one that I remember losing first was my leatherman Surge. I laid on the roof of my truck and forgot it and drove off. I can't be the only one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sog Twitch and a buck 119. The one I regret the most was a kbar marine corp issue fighting knife from ww2. A gift from a lifer senior master gunnery Sargent, veteran of ww2 and Korea. Fought in the south pacific and was at iwo jimo and a bunch more

·
Premium Member
20,852 Posts
I have only lost a few knives over the years and none were very expensive. Maybe a buck pocket knife that cost about $15.00 is the most valuable one.

·
Super Moderator
44,807 Posts
I have lost a few pocketknives over the years but nothing all that expensive. The one I have in my pocket has been lost four or five times but so far it never stayed lost. The one that really upset me was a Puma folder that I left under the kitchen sink once when I was trying to fix something and ended up having to call a plumber. The plumber came the next day when I was at work. My wife gave the knife to that plumber!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've lost a ton of knives. Most expensive was a stainless delica but I found it in the mud 10 years later. Those are $120 now but it was $85 when I got it. My brother lost my new Leatherman when we were kids. Not sure which one it was but it was more than $65. After that I'd have to say my first buck rush. Those were about $50 when I grabbed mine. I replaced the rush with the second gen version and I don't like it half as much. Sure miss that Leatherman though.

·
Premium Member
21,010 Posts
I lost 3 or 4 buck folding pocket knives at work. I got tired of that and started carrying cheap $4 Walmart pocket knives. I never lost any of them.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The only knife I regret loseing, was the one my brother gave me. it was a straight knife, the blade was about 4inches long. It was made from Soligen steel. I was maybe 8 or 10 years old at the time he gave it to me. That was about 1957. When I was about 18, I was hunting. Did not know the snap came unsnaped around the handle, and it fell out of the sheath. Every time I think about that, it really saddens me.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I’ve found many more than I’ve lost. The one I regret loosing the most was the knife from a Western combo I got from my Dad when I first started hunting. He replaced it with a Mora that still rides in the sheath with the hatchet. This photo is of one like mine.
Natural material Everyday carry Fashion accessory Metal Wood

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
A carbon steel Case Trapper with abalone scales. I paid about 75.00 for it when I got it. I carried it for maybe 10 years and lost it at work due to a hole in my pocket. I was going to replace it with another one just like it about 13 years ago and it was 175.00 and I said nope. Now they're about 250.00. I replaced it with the same knife with yellow Delrin scales.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
The one that I lost wasn't very expensive, but it could get me in trouble. I got a Ruger logo CRKT knife from my wife one year for Christmas and promptly lost it at work. I looked everywhere for that thing and even bought a replacement without mentioning it to my wife. I think it was about a $50-60 knife. A few weeks later, a coworker found it lodged behind the seat of a golf cart. Apparently, it slipped out of my back pocket. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I lost my Spyderco PM. They are running somewhere around $145. Wasn't very happy with myself and ordered another Spyderco lightweight but a different knife. Really didn't care for it, returned it and bought a Spyderco Endura with K390 steel and really love the lightweight and long edge holding properties of this hard tool steel. Cost about $135 and then one day found the PM on the rear floorboard behind my seat. That made my day.

Around 2000 I lost a Kershaw Blackout Snap-On edition. I hated that because I really liked how it took and edge. Went through a few Kershaws and then while demolishing the old garage 18 years later I found it under some leaves. The liners had rusted through, along with the spring assist. For a while I kept looking online to see if a used one might pop up cheap with a broken blade that I could swap out the parts with. With no success there I finally sent it in to Kershaw knowing I'd probably have to pay for the repairs due to rust and neglect. Instead they rebuil and replaced all but the blade which they removed all the rust without hurting the logo on the blackened blade. Happy again.

I had an upscale version of the Kershaw Blackout but with g10 scales and better steel along with a 6" Kershaw fixed blade disappear from some shooting/hunting boxes in the basement. I'm almost positive that one of the grandsons and his friends made off with it. Later I noticed they had been playing with some of my primers and igniting them in the backyard. Luckily, I have more but hated to have lost those really valuable Federal primers now that you can't hardly find any.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
The one that comes to mind is the new Buck sheath knife I sent to the bottom of the Okefenokee Swamp.

Reactions: joe45c and ysacres

·
Premium Member
15,985 Posts
Case Stockman with Damascus blades and stag scales. I have no idea what it cost other than remembering I thought it was expensive at the time.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
A Buck skinning knife, think I paid $40 for it in 1958, lot of money in those days, it was stolen from my torso harness (flight harness coupled with seat belt, shoulder harness and mini Oxygen regulator) in Sigonella, Sicily. Naval Air station at the southern end of Sicily...really still chapped over that theft, antler haft, sharp enough to cut parachute harness in one swipe...

·
Premium Member
20,852 Posts
I almost lost a Buck stockmen a few years ago. I used it to gut out a buck that i shot, and stuck the knife in a downed log and forgot about it. Dragged the deer out. The next day i reached in my hunting pants to wash the knife off and remembered i left it stuck in the log. Went back the next day to get it. The knife was there but the gut pile was gone.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts