The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
A Buck Pathfinder. Took my girl on a picnic at a lake, had the knife to cut up some salami and cheese to go along with the wine and crackers - had a little too much wine and left the Pathfinder at the lake..... Married the girl but lost the knife.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I’ve never owned an expensive knife. I left my Uncle Henry trapper laying on a disc harrow where I had been using it to cut some vegetation that was wrapped around the axle. Got on the tractor and went back to plowing. Remembered the knife about ten minutes later. I never found it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I lost a couple of Spyderco Police ($175 MSRP) knives. I am left-handed and was carrying them clipped in my left rear jeans pocket. They would catch on the seatbelt and fall out on the ground when I was getting out of the pickup. I switched to carrying in my right rear pocket and haven't lost one since.

·
12,534 Posts
I have lost a few pocketknives over the years but nothing all that expensive. The one I have in my pocket has been lost four or five times but so far it never stayed lost. The one that really upset me was a Puma folder that I left under the kitchen sink once when I was trying to fix something and ended up having to call a plumber. The plumber came the next day when I was at work. My wife gave the knife to that plumber!
And you still have that wife??? Just kidding, good wives are hard to come by, how do I know?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Have some nice knives and so far have managed to hang onto all of them but one. I had a Vintage Schrade Old Timer 108OT Junior Stockman Pocket Knife, USA steel before they started making them in China. Held an edge and was comfortable to carry in dress pants. Not sure where it went but I think I left it behind in a hotel room while on business travel.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
I have waaaay too many knives. Almost all the high-end ones are safe queens. That sort of defeats the purpose of owning them.🤷‍♂️ The ones that I do edc will do most of what I need but occasionally They just re gone. I put it down and left it or it falls out of my pocket, or they are transported to another time dimension. The one that I remember losing first was my leatherman Surge. I laid on the roof of my truck and forgot it and drove off. I can't be the only one.
A Puma boot knife back in the '70s.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not a knife but a KNAPP game saw in leather sheath.

Han it flashlight ad stool. Got back to truck and just drove away without em. Some low life couldnt leave it so I could retrieve..

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was a kid , fishing with my daddy at False River in Louisiana , in Dads tackle box was a large single bladed pocket knife . Some times , at home I would open his tackle box and fool with it ... I was born with an interest / love for blades ... That day we were fishing from a wooded dock and I needed to tie a new hook and cut the excess line off above the hook ... I cut it and sat the knife down , then I was reaching for the bait bucket and my sneaker knocked the knife off !!! In Horror I watched the knife glitter down through the water and out of sight ... I was sick to my stomache ...my Dad's Fishing knife ... I wanted to throw up ! I told Dad and expected to executed at sunrise or at least beaten like a runaway red headed step child ... but dad said "That's Okay ...be more careful next time . I couldn't believe he wasn't mad ... I learned what a good dad that man was that day .
The knife wasn't worth a lot of money , maybe in 1957 it was $1.50 knife , but to me that was the most expensive knife on earth and I'll never forget seeing it glittering down in the water as it went out of sight .
Gary

·
Registered
60 Posts
Perhaps not the most expensive knife, but one of my all time favorite EDC. I was heart broken when my Kershaw Ken Onion Speed Bump 1595 turned up missing. Knowing that it was discontinued, I hunted for a week to replace it. Found One - paid way too much for it! A week later I found my original Kershaw. That's why there are two of them just above the green Paragon.
Plant Green Gas Musical instrument Gun accessory

21 - 37 of 37 Posts