What's the next so-called 'crisis' from the Manipulator in Charge?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ponycar17, May 3, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Let's talk about the crises abound that have appeared since Mr. Obama was surgically placed into office by powers not yet identified. :rolleyes:

First, there was the government funding 'crisis' which prompted the Omnibus spending bill.... We're supposed to believe, as the left points out, that 8 years of Bush policies suddenly and without notice culminated in the inability for certain government offices to fund themselves any longer? It just suddenly materialized into a crisis after 8 years? I don't buy that...

Even though this administration realizes that 67% of our GDP is fueled by consumer spending at home, and that consumer confidence is affected by the tone of news dispelled here, they continued to push the idea of economic crisis, further plunging us into recession.

Next, we see the Mexican drug cartel 'crisis' with the massive push to stop supposed illegal guns from funneling into Mexico from the US. Our marvelous attorney general, who got his training from one of the most anti-Constitutional AG's of all time (Janet Reno). Eric Holder lies to us, telling us that 90% of the guns used and confiscated from Mexican drug cartels come from the US. It's proven that the number is more like 17% and most of their guns are fully-automatic, equipped with grenade launchers. The crisis suddenly dies down to mere murmurs.

Next is the Bush so-called torture crisis. There suddenly must be accountability in the legal advice provided to the last administration. Lawyers are still on the chopping block for providing legal advice on so-called (but not really) 'torture' tactics used to prevent terrorist attacks in the US since 2001, saving untold numbers of American lives. Eric Holder felt so compelled to dramatize this situation that he took a European vacation to tour historical torture sites. I could almost shed a tear... :rolleyes: All this drama over 3 (yes, ONLY 3!) pieces of trash being waterboarded? Come on, give me a break. :rolleyes:

Next, we have the EPA ruling that CO2 is a public health hazard and should be regulated, opening the door for cap and trade legislation that will DEFINITELY dismantle the American manufacturing industry, potentially costing millions of manufacturing jobs.

Next, we have the Somali pirate crisis. We are led to believe that all the world's imports are in danger of being halted by these rogue pirates. There's a need for action and our brave and illustrious leader made the difficult decision to allow some of our best snipers to take out 4 of them. Wow, thanks for stemming the crisis Mr. Obama.

Finally, as the latest chapter to "As the Obama World Turns" we're faced with the 'Swine Flu' which was touted as the scariest thing next to an airborne AIDs outbreak. That, so-far has turned out to be far less of a threat than expected.

Really, we can't say we weren't told how this administration would operate. Here's their opinion on Crises...

From http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sunday/la-oe-goldberg10-2009mar10,1,7171121.column

And then I recall the infamous article written in September last year that predicted this behavior to a tee...

Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis

I'm about all crisesed out... Has this administration ever heard of 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf', I wonder?... :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. doug66

doug66 Member

The obama administration IS THE CRISIS.

3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The last link above, "Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis" is long but ties so much together in an easily recognized package. Well this is the battle plan. We can see the funding and it's results. Who is directing this assault on our country? I see the names of the players, but no one I can see is at the wheel of this juggernaut.. Stay tuned for further revelations. Poneycar you out did yourself with this post, my hats off to you. Takes your breath away. I saw about 60% of this unfold, never found the other 40% due to lack of, or because of lack of due diligance by the press. I made several connections over the years but didn't have enough data to tie it together. Never heard of the Cloward Piven Strategy before but I have seen it's effects over the last 40 years and now recognize every building block as it was put in place. Wonder how many of our Congresscritters were in on this? How many were willing accomplaces and all the usufull idiots. How many have been Blackmailed into suporting all of this? I know that an awful lot of my letters and phone calls to my Congresscritters have been ignored over the years. Now I can see why when 80% of the population opposes something, it still gets passed either as proposed or if enough outrage by the public, put on the back burner to be put out in small packages in other bills untill the indended result is achieved. If the next election does not result in a massive overhaul of the Congress, I fear that it will be too late to undo the damage that has been done to the Constitution and the Republic.

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Ya, very good Pony.

I don’t think that we have to look any further than Africa to see our next manufactured crisis.

The pirates are just a tip of the iceberg. Al-Qaida is an ever growing problem there, as acknowledged by our own state department, and is the home of our probable usurper.

They need more money than anybody else does, so I’m going to keep my eyes there. I’m not sure how much more of our freedom they can take away by looking that way, but with the help of the UN I’m sure they’ll figure something out.

5. obxned

obxned Active Member

Yup, crisis after crisis, each costing us more of our wealth and freedom. We've had our tea party, what next, a massacre?

6. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Manufactured "crisis" is the M.O. for this Government. They don't want to lose momentum, so they'll take whatever comes along. Dear Leader must be on hand to "solve" something, however trivial. It won't surprise me that the far right extremists will rear their red, white, and blue heads soon, and He will be "forced" to act for the "safety" of the country. TJ

7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

New meaning for the term "crises management?"

"If we manage this right, we can make a crises out of it."

Pops

8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's about right Pops! :D

It doesn't matter how trivial the matter, a crisis can be created. Those in power know this. What they're not counting upon is how quickly the populace starts to ignore the crier of wolf. We're getting pretty tired of this bullcrap. :rolleyes:

9. walien

walien Former Guest

I'm not sure what news you've been watching, but you left out the housing crisis. It's sort of a big one. In terms of the economic crisis, Obama isn't doing anything that W didn't do, so did you have a beef with that too? The criticism has to go both ways.

I don't recall a torture crisis. That along with things like Mexico and guns have been discussed as should any issue dealing with national security. The word crisis is generally used to describe something threatening and immediate. Obama's primary focus has been the banking system, housing market and the auto industry. This was largely Bush's focus as well.

The economy is more than just confidence although that does play a role. I can be as confident as I want, but if banks aren't lending money, then I'm not getting a house. The economic crisis and real estate problems are real issues. Both Bush and Obama dealt with them in similar methods. Obama did even take lessons from the nature of Bush's stimulus.

I'm with you on the swine flu, but that hasn't been Obama's major concern although it seems they're prepared for it. How would you contrast this with how Republican President Ford handled things when he dealt with swine flu. Would you say it was better or worse?

10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I left out the housing crisis since that bubble popped in in the 3rd quarter of last year. Yes, I absolutely do hold Bush as accountable for his decisions in the face of the so-called mortgage 'crisis'. I do not agree with the bank bailouts and frankly think they were unnecessary. I may be totally wrong. My comments here do not directly relate to the issues at hand but how they've been handled.

For instance, Bush kept a calm demure and talked people out of panic mode as long as possible. That is in a country's best interest when 67% of their GDP is made up consumer spending right here at home. Killing consumer confidence exacerbates crisis. That is exactly what Obama did, even at the urging otherwise from Bill Clinton of all people. There's no question as to why Obama did this. Rahm Emanuel admitted the purpose and Hillary Clinton recently iterated the cry for action in crises situations.

Pardon me but we must not be watching the same news either. First, Obama has released the torture secrets of the last administration which makes us vulnerable to increased resistance in future interrogations, should the practices ever be re-instituted. Terrorists can plan and be ready for whatever we know how to do. He's made us vulnerable. Secondly, he's opened the door for Attorney General Holder to prosecute former lawyers of the Bush administration, thereby quelling participation in future legal consultations where the US requires legal aid. That's a moronic move. He brought what was common knowledge to even Nancy Pelosi to the forefront and made it a civil rights 'crisis'. No one cared until Mr. Obama brought these tactics to the forefront of thought, even though they were largely unused. 3 people were water boarded.

On the issue of the Mexican gun 'crisis', perhaps we're also not getting the same news sources. Attorney General Holder proudly announced that 90% of guns used by Mexican drug cartels come from the US. It's suspected that he did this in an effort to crack down on US gun control laws, which are very sufficient for their intended purposes. It's irrational to believe that Mexican drug lords would expend the time to recruit US straw buyers to purchase semi-automatic guns for 4-5 times what the fully-automatic versions could be purchased for by way of Columbia, Guatemala and Venezuela. Attorney General Holder and even Secretary of State Clinton held steadfast to this figure while critics found that the 90% wasn't accurate. 90% of guns returned to the US for tracing actually came from the US. Mexican police and military examine guns with English markings and serial numbers and suspect that they're from the US. They send them to the BATFE for analysis. Only 90% of those thought to be from the US are FROM the US. The actual likely percentage of firearms entering Mexico from the US is around 17%. The Attorney General mislead the public in an effort to place a renewed focus on the now-defunct 'assault weapons ban' from 1994 which banned weapons proven to be used in only 1.2% of all firearms crime and only 0.2% of all violent crime. ;)

Lending is a problem and does affect a portion of consumers, however if consumers are lead to fear their future they don't spend. Even people who the lending situation doesn't greatly affect postponed purchases out of fear. As stated above, even former President Bill Clinton urged Obama to take a more positive tone. It makes no sense for a country with a huge trade deficit to preach gloom and doom and hope for a change in spending habits. That's not wise and implies an agenda by the messengers. I've taken enough econ, finance and accounting classes to understand this. I would assume that the powers that lead our government have at least the same level of intelligence as my lowly self... :rolleyes:

I would say Ford led the same charge for prevention of a nonexistent hazard. There are ways to acknowledge problems without turning everything into a crisis. When you have flagrant admissions to the use of the crisis concept by the current administration, as quoted above, one tends to believe crises are a crutch for action. I for one will not be dumb enough to fall into that trap.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  11. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    As far as lending is concerned the only thing that has changed is that the people who couldn't pay for a loan before but got one anyway now can't. Banking is back to where it was before the govmt started messing with it.

12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Flannelman, They'll be back". First chance they get.

13. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I heard a couple of nights ago that Mexico has now legalized position of most drugs for individual use; with barely a whimper from the press may I add. How much longer until they legalize trafficking? Then, instead of having to expend time and money to fend off the Federales, the drug cartels will be able to shift those resources to moving their product into the U.S. Look for the border and many cities to become far more wild and wooly than they are right now.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193616,00.html

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  14. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I'm betting on the new, easily transmitted rabies virus!

15. walien

walien Former Guest

Ford pushed a program that had 40M people immunized by vaccines. This led to nervous conditions in some people. Essentially, by doing what he did, the outcome was worse than the flu. The whole swine flu is completely blown out of proportion.

In terms of the positive tone, I seem to recall people being unhappy with McCain when he wouldn't admit that there was a problem. People know the GDP figures and jobs figures. Telling people that everything is fine is just lying. Sadly, the only way that other countries, such as Japan, have gotten out of messes like this is through large government spending.

For the torture memos, I don't think I've ever heard that called a crisis. Obama's party can easily turn on him, but every President gets his own way in the first 100. It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Obama and his own party. I just hope he's better able to stand up to his own people than Bush was.

"Banking is back to where it was before the govmt started messing with it. "

The government not messing with it enough is what caused it. The banking system needs regulation. It's basically the ton of a lot of Money and Banking Economics courses in college. Governments have long battled against banks from lending too much and taking on too much risk. They make more money that way, but they put the overall economy and risk and the taxpayer ends up footing the bill.