What's with the recent trend of a lot of 'guests' to the forum?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I have noticed that there seems to be an abnormally high amount of 'guests' in posts lately. I'd invite anyone who is genuinely interested in joining the forum, both pro and con, to join authentically and then post.

There's no physical harm that will come to you by simply agreeing or disagreeing with a post. I don't bite and I haven't witnessed others taking bites at new users which would cause physical harm. Now, mind you, my 2 year old has also learned to tell others "no bite" at day care, so he's good to go as well. :D

There also seems to be a number of users going into stealth mode after they make a post anywhere. Almost like SEALS, they jump up to respond to a post, almost ignoring the obvious fact that they've just changed status from "unregistered viewers" to a real screen name. Oh, yeah, that's stealthy... Right on!!!! :D;):rolleyes:

So, the point of the post is to get folks registered and commenting on stories. I've been here quite a while and no one has caused physical harm to me yet (that may be a big yet.... )... :D Also, it's to get folks to stop being so freakin' shy and stay logged on to discuss issues. The log on/log off stuff is just odd to me. If you believe what you say, then by all means stay logged on.

I'm in no power position to say this but feel compelled as a frequent user to make the observation. Mods, if you find my post repulsive or otherwise inappropriate, then please intervene... :)

Best Regards,
    Ponycar17... :D

2. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

My dad is one of the guest that you seem to be speaking of. :D

3. Not to worry Pony, the "boys" in New York said they are a little behind in their contracts at the moment, but they will get to it eventually. :D;):p

4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I don't know what's going on either.....except for the one night that Glenn Beck had his 912 project show and I posted it here....and thousands of people were doing a search and hitting on the thread looking for the project! I think that thread had over 3000 hits that night.

5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I have been a guest since a coworker put me onto TFF. Maby late 90s. Enjoyed. Retired 2 years ago and made the plunge early this month. I shouldn't have joined in. This stuff is adictive. My kind of people. Thanks to all who have made TFF posible, past and present.

6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Trouble 45-70: Did I ever welcome you to TFF? If not, please consider yourself welcomed! And you're SO right...this IS addictive, and the folks here are great. Glad you joined us!

7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This place is NOT addictive. I can quit anytime I want to. I've been saying that for, what, 5 - 6 years? hmmmm

Pops

8. You and me both, Pops! :D Maybe there should be a TFFers Anonymous organization established. :rolleyes:

9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

We tried that once. We had to sign in here to attend meetings. ;)

Pops

10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Hello, my name is pickenup, and I have been addicted for................

11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

12. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Its all me... they're wanting to see what zaney thing that i post next?!!! :D

mike
    gn

13. For a good time, call 1-800-G-L-O-C-K-N-U-T. :D;):p

14. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I invite all of you to join up also. This would be one heck of a forum if they all joined. Actually, it is already one heck of a forum without them!!

And I also can quit any time I want to......... oh man, give me another hit of TFF.

15. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

4EverLearning, tickled to be here. Thanks for the warm welcome.