The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Premium Member
john, that's too easily justified.... 馃

Registered
The wife and I kind of have an understanding. 46 years ago my then new wife wanted to have a fish tank with all kinds of exotic firsh, wanting to please her I said "Sure". A few months later I brought home another gun. Well my beloved said "You have to many guns WHY another 1?" I could tell she was upset. Calmly, I looked at her fish tank, said it looked nice and asked her when we were going to have fish for dinner. Her face twisted a bit and said, now really upset, "What kind of question is that, we're talking about you buying guns not dinner." Calmly, I said "When we eat 1 of your fish for dinner, you will then have a profitable hobby." We've not really spoken about guns I buy since then..

GUNZILLA
You already stated what you don't want to hear.

Excuses? Excuses? I don't need no stinking excuses! Of course if I want to live to use said firearm I will think of one pretty quickly!

Seriously, though, my wife and I are pretty tight when it comes to spending money. So if there is really something that I want or need there is no fight about it ... it just becomes the next birthday, anniversary, Christmas present. Most of my collection was acquired when I was single. The last 20+ years brought on different responsibilities and my purchases have been much fewer and far between.
Give me your wifes email, I won't tell her anything. LOL

Registered
No excuses. Most of the time I don't even have any idea what I want when I to to a gun store. I walk around and look and if something screams take me home I buy it. As for my wife. When we have extra money she drags me to the gun store.

I wish my wife liked to shoot.
She knows how to shoot all the guns I have stashed around the house in case she needs to.
Sport shooting, no, I have taken her to the indoor range near us but no, not excited like we get.

Premium Member
Being a bit older, and having a lot of older pals, Wife even mentions that Sweet Sue could sure use the cash that poor old Harry had in that pistol...makes it a roll-over...done it twice now...No I don't steal the gun either..but it does feel good to help an old friend.

Premium Member
Back in the day in Westchester County, NY we had several judges who were decidedly anti-gun, and the County judges were the people who signed off on pistol permits as well as amendments to add another pistol to a permit. Well, we had a local MD who was a Luger collector, and upon finding a particularly rare example he paid for it and filed the necessary amendment papers (in duplicate along with three new photos). In NY you were actually issued two permits: one to own a specific pistol, the second allowed you to purchase the pistol - this item would be surrendered to the dealer when picking up the pistol. In due course the Doc received a terse letter from the judge insisting on knowing his reason for wanting another handgun. The Doc replied "(a) because I want it; (b) because I can afford it. If required my attorney will elaborate further." The purchase permit arrived shortly thereafter. :)

Premium Member
I thought "Because" was the best excuse. I use it from time to time.

Registered
A few times I've fallen into an insane deal on ammo and had no matching gun and then had to go get a gun to use it. Have done this with a large super cheap find of 7.62x25 as well as 7.62 nagant... Like cases ( spam can(S) ) for pennies on the dollar a couple decades ago.

Registered
I wish my wife liked to shoot.
She knows how to shoot all the guns I have stashed around the house in case she needs to.
Sport shooting, no, I have taken her to the indoor range near us but no, not excited like we get.
My wife loves to shoot. We've only been married a couple of years and she never got to shoot before. I have plenty of guns but she always wanted one of her very own. She wanted one when she got her disability pay but that money ran out buying stuff we needed. Unbeknownst to us they held back some of her back pay and a few months ago started sending her monthly installments. So when she got the first one the first words out of her mouth were "I want a gun". So off to the gun store we went. I let her handle and pick what she wanted and she made me buy one too馃槉. After that every time an installment came in she was come on we're going to Gary's(LGS). She now has five guns of her own and an AR in layaway.

Premium Member
My wife loves to shoot. We've only been married a couple of years and she never got to shoot before. I have plenty of guns but she always wanted one of her very own. She wanted one when she got her disability pay but that money ran out buying stuff we needed. Unbeknownst to us they held back some of her back pay and a few months ago started sending her monthly installments. So when she got the first one the first words out of her mouth were "I want a gun". So off to the gun store we went. I let her handle and pick what she wanted and she made me buy one too馃槉. After that every time an installment came in she was come on we're going to Gary's(LGS). She now has five guns of her own and an AR in layaway.
Geez hawg does she have a sister! Mine would have wasted the extra money on purses and shoes!

Registered
in june of 2015 we moved to florida from Mass, july 11th i bought my first gun and told my wife i was going to buy a new one every 6-8 months, i'm right on par with that.
today i bought an AR on grab-a-gun.
so far this year i'm way ahead of the buying game..... i need a new safe or a much bigger safe

21 - 38 of 38 Posts