The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Day Carry that is...

Since the knife sub-forum on here is a bit slow, I thought I'd make a thread in GD.

I carry around a little 2 bladed Remington pocket knife, however I'm thinking about getting a Kershaw Scallion for something bigger and easier to pull out and use. I have some Gerber folders, but they're too big and impractical for my needs.

Post pics of what you carry!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Spyderco Harpy. I believe the Spyderco's are the easiest and fastest knife to get out and opened. They are also very high quality knives.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Always a small fixed blade, 2 3/4" to 4", usually one of my Bark River knives. Although it seems as though no one here knows about Bark River knives except me.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
44,787 Posts
I have a lil ole Rigid three blader that I have been carrying since about 1988. I have lost this thing a dozen times. When I lose it, I keep looking until I find it - so far, so good. I do have an old Buck that I stick in my pocket until I find the rigid. I carried the Buck every day for about 15 years before I bought the Rigid.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
My EDC's are my Leatherman and my Swiss Army Knife. They are with me always and have been for many years. Heck, I can't even remember a day I haven't had them.

G

·
It was a spyderco Delica 4 in blue or a Kershaw Leek in black. That is until a parent seen my shartfoo video then watched a knife review where I said I carry a pocket knife in a high school. ZOMG you know knives just out of pockets and stab kids every day.

So long story short I had to nuke my youtube account, go talk to HR almost lose my job because I carry a pocket knife in school to assist in my job. Oh yeah and the county safety and security guy turned me into the police. The officer in the school knows me well and we talk guns and hunting and knives all the time. He said to his boss if we arrest this guy we are going to have to arrest most of the male staff as we just about all carry a knife.

That was a fun week.

So now I don't carry a knife not even the little mini gerber paraframe that is legal under county policy and state law. I feel nakid.

G

·
Spyderco Harpy. I believe the Spyderco's are the easiest and fastest knife to get out and opened. They are also very high quality knives.
I used to think they were ugly and that the big hole didn't offer anything. That was until I got my Delica 4. I can open it as fast as some of my assisted open knives. Oh and the people who work for spyderco are GREAT people to deal with.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Ka-Bar TDI
or
Cold Steel Ti-Lite [Opens as you
pull it out of your pocket]

Both fine choices...

and this old Gerber is the
one that seems to be keeping me
company lately....

[P.S. thanks to whoever moved it
to it's proper place]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
One of two, the Gerber Applegate/Fairbairn, or the Kershaw Ken Onion designed Storm.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts