The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,584 Posts
That seems to be the question on everyone’s mind right now. I don’t think there’s anything a person can do but keep checking in your LGSs in hopes of hitting them at the right time. IF you have a good enough relationship with them they’ll probably set a
pack or two aside when they get some inventory.

·
GUNZILLA
6,243 Posts
Prices are going to be pretty much very high, so prepare yourself. I was given a link for 1000 pieces of 10mm brass for close to $300. I've got 1000 rounds of 10mm and did not pay that price. It's ridiculous .

Reactions: joe45c

·
Super Moderator
26,335 Posts
Keep pesturing lgs, get on line and keep looking. If a website has a "contact me when available " option, do it. And don't hesitate when they do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I stopped by one of my favorite local gun shops two weeks ago to pick up the one box of .380 ammo they had. I asked about large rifle primers. To my surprise she said she had six boxes of 100 left. I bought them all. I paid a little more than normal but it wasn't totally out of line.
At the same time she told me she had a large shipment on it's way a couple weeks prior to my visit and the whole shipment came up missing. They are trying to track it down. As of yesterday they still haven't found it. I have an order placed if they do find the shipment and she gets it delivered. Thankfully it is insured.

·
Premium Member
17,527 Posts
Like others posted keep in contact with your LGS. Last week one of my LGS's in my area would only give me 200 primers, but than i went over to the other one and she gave my 1000. But she said things are getting really tight.

·
Super Moderator
26,335 Posts
What really sucks is that the primer manufacturers are going to supply the ammo manufacturers before the general public.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I will go out on a limb here by saying the pricing/supply deal is just a test. If we can't get ammo why have a gun, reloading components become useless, the result is gun control through starvation. We are a pretty smart group and I don't for a minute think that the world has stopped producing ammo/components. To me, this is a war, like we have never seen before. We have the Media, the Tech companies, and the Left-wingers wanting to curtail our self-protection. The left-leaning groups want to do away with the Constitution, but not alarm the people until the rights have been secured away from the people.
Just today, Zuckerberg was asked about tracking user information, not only for Facebook, but Twitter and Google working as partners.
I am sorry for slipping into a political rift, but the facts are strong about the markets being controlled.

Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hate to say it but I've just purchased 3500 small pistol primers made by Genix for .16 each from a place here in Texas. Makes me sick but I've also run across primers on Face Book selling for about .37 each but didn't buy those. Brace yourselves my friends. Components such as this are going to become exceedingly rare so be very conservative with your ammo and work to hit your target the first shot. I don't mind entertaining conspiracy theories about TPTB choking off our ammo supplies to nullify the 2nd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was .16 cents - and change. With hazmat shipping and Texas tax it came out less than a burger under $600. It's a gamble. I'd rather have it than want it and can't get it later on next year. I wish I had the optimism of one of my friends that I admire immensely but don't think he's going to have that perpetual smile on his face after the next 6 months have passed regardless of who winds up in the White House - and I personally have a strong conviction that Trump will make it. All heck is going to break out when he does, though. We're blessed to live in a spot where nothing ever seems to happen but this kind of trouble has the propensity to come looking for you eventually.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Last I checked most gun stores had at least some large rifle, large pistol and shotgun but hadn’t sniffed small rifle or small pistol in ages.

Watch, now that I want to start loadingM2 ball they’ll be out of large rifle now...

BTW, in a pinch small rifle primers WILL work in SOME pistol rounds. At least they do for .38 special😎

·
Registered
63 Posts
Normally, I'm as envious as all get out regarding you guys in the U.S. of A. Many of you have access to toys that we up here in Canada can only drool over. BUT! That said, we have no shortage of primers hereabouts. I feel for you guys. My best buddy was, and is, a big believer in "buy now". When our looney tunes Liberals discover the loopholes provided with antique status firearms and the benefits of reloading, they'll try to legislate those out of existence.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Normally, I'm as envious as all get out regarding you guys in the U.S. of A. Many of you have access to toys that we up here in Canada can only drool over. BUT! That said, we have no shortage of primers hereabouts. I feel for you guys. My best buddy was, and is, a big believer in "buy now". When our looney tunes Liberals discover the loopholes provided with antique status firearms and the benefits of reloading, they'll try to legislate those out of existence.
Unless there's some kind of restrictions from your brand of cronies up there could you export the primers?

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd have to do some investigation at my end, and perhaps you at yours, regarding primers. I believe they're classed as explosives by both our border services. Obama, in cahoots with our looney liberal left, made cross-border trade and/or traffic highly restrictive in firearms, firearms parts, and components to the point that many of your retailers who used to ship to Canada no longer do. As an example, I needed the shaft assembly and expander ball from RCBS for my .303 die set. It took six weeks and many apologies from the good folks at RCBS because several agencies had to verify that the parts aren't "firearm" related. Seriously???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts