The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did a cursory check and the answer is "no". I can't ship primers from Canada to the U.S., much as I'd suspected. You poor guys will just have to bite the bullet (so to speak) and hope your supply will meet your demand.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did a cursory check and the answer is "no". I can't ship primers from Canada to the U.S., much as I'd suspected. You poor guys will just have to bite the bullet (so to speak) and hope your supply will meet your demand.
Can I ask you this? Do you have an ample supply of primers available from the normal sources or are they in short supply with the supply dwindling all the time. The reason I ask is, i'm trying to determine if our shortage over here is due to a shortage of raw materials, processing, labor shortages due to the Covid outbreak or some sinister political scheme. I have my suspicions.
I had the lady at a local gun shop explain there is lead in each primer and all the plants which process the lead have closed. All the processing has to be done off shore now. I'd like to confirm this or find it unsubstantiated.
Please don't let this conversation lead to political discussion. Thanks
Lynn

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have no problem at all picking up primers from the smaller independent gun shops as well as the big boys like Cabelas and Bass Pro. It may be that the stock they have is old stock since they are often in the position of getting components from the US only on a "minimum order" basis. Reloading doesn't seem to be as prevalent here as in the US which may also be a factor.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I found small rifle primers on-line yesterday;
then found out they were in New Zealand;
shipping, export permits, and initial costs were HIGH...........

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Super Moderator
26,239 Posts
I found small rifle primers on-line yesterday;
then found out they were in New Zealand;
shipping, export permits, and initial costs were HIGH...........
Where they Cheddite primers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep pesturing lgs, get on line and keep looking. If a website has a "contact me when available " option, do it. And don't hesitate when they do.
If you are REALLY desperate for primers, try Gungougers (er, I mean *********s).com... you can get raped pretty good over there, so be careful.... BUT! occasionally, you can win an auction where you don't pay more than DOUBLE the manufacturer's SRP.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts