Where's the inflation???

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Popgunner, May 12, 2009.

1. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

Back in the 70's & 80's I remember when the gubment would print a bunch of money during a recession we would see prices rising & inflation.

How was President(he who must not be named) able to make a trillion dollars appear & spend them without us seeing inflation? Did he borrow the money from China on some kind of an "ARM" loan that won't show inflation immediately?

2. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Time delay. Just wait a few more months.

Dale :mad:

3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Just wait. It's coming. Big time. :mad::eek:

4. alhefner

alhefner New Member

Yep, wait for it. It will happen because it must. When you print or coin additional supplies of money without any accompanying increase of valuable backing (used to be gold but now is goods and services) then the value of the money printed or coined decreases. It is that decrease in the value of the money that causes inflated prices that we eventually suffer.

5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'm betting we won't have a chance to see inflation...we'll just see the total collapse of the dollar so Barry's puppetmasters can quickly usher in a new world currency.

6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Mid-2010, at the latest. They'll have to float a few t-bond auctions, and that'll awaken the I-monster!

7. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

Down in south america where I was a missionary in 1982 I lived thru a situation where it cost me $200 a month to live & was almost starving. One day we woke up & found out the country's(Uruguay) pesos were that morning worth 1/3 of what they were the day before. Since we lived by cashing checks in US dollars & buying pesos we rushed to the bank & cashed checks for $200. We couldn't spend all the money we had then. We ended up living like kings on $100 a month. We ate good food & rented a house for the 4 of us in that town. The sheeple of the country grumbled for about a day & then just accepted their situation. They accepted the same wages that then bought only a third of what they had before.

We then ran into a few rich people that excitedly asked us if we had converted out assets into US dollars. They told us the rich folks had done this & tripled their wealth in a day. Great for them & horrible for the normal people.
    I can see a similar situation coming here now. I just can't figure what the game is. Should I convert my money to some certain currency or wait for the worldwide currency to be issued?

8. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Well, if you KNEW what the world-wide currency might be . . .
    This might be off-topic (sorry!), but I think the great red flag will be WHEN (not if) the major oil produces stop accepting payment in dollars. At that point, what if one converted to UK pounds and Euro's, which will rise in value as compared to US dollars. (of course, this is written by one whose 401K is now pretty much just a few 'K', LOL!)

9. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

I may just be a pesimist, but from what I see we as a nation & also our allies are being cut off at the knees to usher in some type of world wide gubment.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  10. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Remember, currencies are fiat. They are NOT money.

Real money has a store of value and is fungible. The primary examples of real money is a valuable commodity, i.e. Gold and Silver.

If you don't have some, get some as soon as you can.

Not because you'll get rich. But because it's about the only way to protect your wealth at this point.

I wouldn't be in ANY paper, anywhere. It's all going down. Paper is NOT real money.

11. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

My dad has always bought gold & silver. My plan has been to get out of debt by paying off my house, building our mountain cabin that's paid for, stocking up on a years supply of food, some fuel, some guns & ammo etc. I worry that fairly soon even gold won't buy much.

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You're right. Pretty soon even gold won't buy anything unless you have a world gov't approved mark:mad::mad::mad:

13. obxned

obxned Active Member

Fasten your seat belt and brace yourself - ignition and lift-off are seconds away.

14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

No foreign currency will be valuable if the banks won't exchange it for US$. The Govt will state that US$ are the only money allowed to be accepted, and then will crack down on money exchangers.

Pops

15. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I feel the following is the reason. Our US dollar is the primary reserve currency for most nations worldwide. Since this recession has hit the other nations even more severely than ours, they are banking on he US currency as a firm reserve.

As an example, I don't believe that other nations fully-recovered from the tech sector bubble of 2000. Injuries were compounded by dealings with Iraq such as that France had arranged for defense bunkers when the US invaded in 2003. See the attached graphic from the aforementioned AmericanThinker.com article for reference. :)

That is causing our US currency to grow in value versus others, including the Euro. The European nations took quite a hit from our recent recession, despite popular media buzzing. The scary thing is that they're already heavily invested in private industry, therefore they have little wiggle room to say they're taking a heavier public stake to preserve their industry. We had a lot of room to invest in private industry, however we're positioning our nation to be as prone to failure as the likes of the UK and France. :eek:

We're in for a free-fall if the other nations figure out that our currency is worthless even compared to their own. China and Russia are already poised to push for an alternative 'world' currency to bolster financial reserves' security. Some evidence lies in this article where China calls for replacing the USD as a primary reserve currency with a non-credit based currency. We have a powerful economic tool available with the credit-based dollar as it is used by so many countries for their reserves. I think China and Russia make a lot of sense given the US's willingness to print money in the face of insurmountable debt. :eek:

I've been recently looking into the "Plaza Accord" which purposefully devalued the American Dollar in conjunction with other nations. Some info on the "Plaza Accord" can be found below. I stumbled into it doing some research on another topic. :)

From http://www.economist.com/research/Economics/alphabetic.cfm?letter=P

The supposed reasoning behind the Plaza Accord was that it would help the US export goods more easily. My curiosity lies in the fact that the US dollar was so weak before Reagan took drastic steps to bolster the power of private industry and boost the ideals of capitalism. Was Reagan possibly TOO effective for the world bankers to handle? Why did the US currency fall into line by 1987, AFTER the Savings and Loan Crisis and the corresponding market crash of 1986? Did the "Plaza Accord" orchestrate some of this to align our currency with the world's currencies? :confused:

Reaching further yet, did the mortgage boom orchestration position our currency more in line with other currencies by the 4th quarter of 2008? Yeah, I'm still researching before I make any conclusions... :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2009