which 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by chris232, Mar 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. chris232

chris232 Guest

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, sorry i'm a newbie...

I am interested in the sprinfield, the kimber team match, and the s&w 1911. I am mostly interested in the kimber because of the 22. LR conversion, and have heard great things about both sprinfield and s&w but am a bit ticked off that the smith doesnt have the ambi safety, ( i am a lefty ).

after reading several complaints about the kimbers having ejection problems its got me concerned.

any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance.. Chris

2. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

I have A Kimber Custom Classic and Kimber Custom Target. I have a Springfield Ultra Compact and Gov't. Model Mil Spec. All shoot very well...VERY well. Honestly I have been most impressed with the Springfield Ultra Compact. It was under $700, has been thoroughly reliable, shot remarkably well right out of the box, and carries very well.
    I have no experience with the SW 1911.

There are 22 conversion kits available for most full size 1911's.

As always...check them out for yourself...see what you are most attracted to...what feels best to you.

3. chris232

chris232 Guest

Boom, thanks for the reply.

I am mostly interested in precision target shooting, maybe down the road get into some comeptitions. But feel i'f im going to go to the range and target shoot, I might as well have the right equipment to begin with to improve my skills.

my wife I currently has a glock 19 and I have a beretta 96 with about 1,200 rounds and not a SINGLE jam or any malfunction. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong w/ the springfield they are like beretta, pretty flawless.

has anyone heard of the ejection problems w/ kimber's especially the ones with the new external ejector ??.

thanks agian chris