·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one do you recommend?

Bushmaster Carbon 15 O.R.C. [includes inexpensive red dot scope] or

Colt M4 Carbine [DOD spec components] or

S&W M&P15 Sport.

The Bushmaster Carbon 15 O.R.C. and S&W M&P15 Sport cost the same. The Colt M4 Carbine costs 1.45 times the others [45% more].

Thanks as always for your opinions!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Which one do you recommend?

Bushmaster Carbon 15 O.R.C. [includes inexpensive red dot scope] or

Colt M4 Carbine [DOD spec components] or

S&W M&P15 Sport.

The Bushmaster Carbon 15 O.R.C. and S&W M&P15 Sport cost the same. The Colt M4 Carbine costs 1.45 times the others [45% more].

Thanks as always for your opinions!
I used to own the S&W M&P15 Sport The S&W was my fire arm until I got the Sig M400.
Now she has the S&W.

I have no experience with The Bushmaster or the Colt but I will say they would have to be a very very fine weapon indeed to better the M400.

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sigm400-enhanced-fde.aspx

Take a look it's a fine weapon.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I'd go with the Smith and Wesson
get a Optics Ready if you can, a true flat top so you won't have to use a spacer to clear the front site post for a scope

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks.
SIPLACE I am not sure the Sig M400 is on the CA list of approved models (requiring a bullet button clip).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ahhh... No probably not. Sorry I missed that you were in CA.

The Enhanced comes with one Pmag 30. I know those are outlawed in CA.

After that all I can say is that I liked my Sportster and had no issues with it at all.

I only got the Sig by a happy accident. Been in love with it ever since.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love the Colt M4, Cost a little more but since it has the colt name on it the resale value will be more if you ever decide to sell it.

·
Garandaholic
9,515 Posts
Get a real Bushmaster....a Windham Weaponry, either the M4 style or the ORC flat top.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Get a real Bushmaster....a Windham Weaponry, either the M4 style or the ORC flat top.
Agree. Even though I have had zero issues with a current bushy, and a dpms. Id just rather have a Windham.

Also, an LEO friend of mine is issued a S&W, and likes it alot better than the Bushys and Colts that have been previously issued to him. But his brother, LEO for nearly twice as long, will only use Colt or an older Bushy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts