The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at chronographs lately and looking for opinions or which one is most liked and why?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i like the "ProChrono"... easy to use, 9 strings, 99 shots per sting, does avg/std... its around $110... would not reload without a chrony

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have a Competitive Edge Dynamics, $200 and it's very accurate, repeatable, when its working. They are all sensitive to light & clouds, and shadows from trees, ect. Some days it works fine, then the sun changes or it gets cloudy out and she no workey. Another thing to remember is when shooting magnums, any caliber that has a blast shockwave will set the thing into fault. For me that's my 30-378 mag, ect. You have to make a blast board or plastic shield with a 2 inch hole in the middle. Set board in line with target about 10-15 feet from T-bench; you shoot bullet through the 2 inch hole on the way to the target. Ha, You'd think your friends would miss the hole and put holes in board, but the only friends that have done that off my back porch bench is the local Indians, ha ha and I never let them live it down. I'd buy the CED model again unless I could afford that $500 one made in Texas; and I can't ha ha. I hear that 500 dollar model is the ticket just the same. I got a pict of mine somewhere, will try to post.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,453 Posts
Got you covered Zhurh;

I like the remote control/data processor, the software and ability to download data directly onto your computer and work with it in an excel spreadsheet.

The entire setup is modular, so any pieces that get damaged can be easily replaced. If you shoot the chrony, you don't destroy the "brains". Alternative sensors and light screens are available.

It's not the cheapest on the market but it is good. I noticed it was used in an episode of CSI.

IMAG0145.jpg
IMAG0146.jpg
IMAG0147.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts