The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
17,329 Posts
I don't know Paul. Which car is best for driving? Which food is best for eating? What instrument is best for playing?

Little bit more information would be helpful. Like are you going to drive a hundred miles one way to go to work? Or are you going to drive the Baja 500? Are you just going to drive yourself or are you going to have five other people in the car?

So, do you want to hunt small game (rabbits and squirrels) or medium size game (pigs and whitetail deer) or big game (bear and moose) or upland game (quail) or birds on the ground (pheasants or turkey) or large birds way the hell up in the air (ducks and geese)? Do you want to hunt something and have it leave enough meat to eat, or are you thinking of varmint hunting (like prairie dogs) where the purpose is to kill them, but not bring them home for supper, so it's perfectly all right to blow them into little pieces?

Your question is way too open-ended. You need to be more specific.

And even then you're going to end up with 75 or 100 different answers. Because everyone has their own opinion.

·
Premium Member
13,689 Posts
I can't pull up his location but I wouldn't be surprised, gd. There's LOTS to hunt in Africa other than the Big Five. However, that does add a completely different element than we deal with in the US.

·
Super Moderator
41,583 Posts
Ain’t you guys ever heard of “barkin’ squirrels”? That’s where you shoot close to them when they’re on a tree trunk and the bark of the tree knocks them loopy.
You shoot close to them with a 50 caliber and you will probably find part of his tail over yonder!

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Cab mount, of course, with an electronic remote and camera targeting system. If'n you're gonna dream, dream big!
Ya, oh boy! I wonder how much that is going to cost me ? $$$ 😃
The combine already has enough electronics to boggle the mind, not sure if I can drive and shoot at the same time.

A SKS is "the Best gun" for hunting field mice.
combine SKS_opt.jpg

1 - 20 of 59 Posts