Which one?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Alphamale
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 10:29:23 am)
    Reply | Del All Which one?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Which one would you chose? Why? Price differences do not matter, so no choosing based on price.
    Sig 239 .40
    HK USPc .40
    Glock 23 .40
    HK USP .45
    Sig 220 .45

Show results

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity--Sigmund Freud

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 11:16:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Which one?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have opted for the Sig 245 in .45 ACP. Size of the 239, but in the larger caliber.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/7/02 12:00:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

I like the 245 also!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 12:03:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Which one?
    Agreed.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

inplanotx
    (7/9/02 4:13:30 pm)
    Although I have never owned a Sig I have shot one once. I like the quality along with the big hole! Also would not have to buy a new set of reloading dies.
    I am not a native Texan, but I got here as fast as I could!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/10/02 7:59:18 am)
    Tac, AD, Kdub ya'll are cheatin'...
    the Sig 245 isn't a choice!

However, I'm with you guys. I too like the size of the 239.

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/02 3:15:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

I like them all, for different reasons, but didn't vote.
    For a nice light carry I like the P239 (accurate shooter, too), carried both a USPc9 and the Glock 23 for several years in a shoulder rig. The USP45 and P220 are nice to shoot, but too heavy for me, as a comfortable carry.
    I carry the Glock 32 (better ballistics and accuracy than the G23), but I have to agree with Tac, AD, and Kdub that the P245 has serious potential, even though it wasn't a choice.
    -ace

sig230
    (11/22/02 7:53:00 pm)
    I picked the SiG 220. I don't like the 40S&W and I really like 45acp.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/28/02 10:22:13 pm)
    Left out the Beretta 9000S

Rich

EvilAudio
    (1/5/03 3:25:12 pm)
    What?!?! No American pistols? Do we still make pistols here in America? Try the Charles Daly polymer .45. You'll love it.
    "If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." George Brett

IShootBack
    (1/7/03 7:50:02 pm)
    I went with the Glock. I'm just brand loyal.
    From Ruger, to Beretta, I stop at Glock.
    Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat

noital2
    (1/11/03 11:42:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del A good alloy compact "loaded" Kimber or Spld
    version of the 1911 will beat them all, hands down. This is constantly proven at the combat matches. The cocked and locked SA auto is the easiest handgun to control, at high speed. The smaller and lighter the gun is, the worse a poor trigger pull effects its shootability.

EvilAudio
    (1/13/03 1:14:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 1911...yep
    Amen.
    "If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." George Brett

docreg
    (1/13/03 11:43:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Which one
    SIG P220

I've shot them all, and I shoot the best with the P220.

Besides, if you run out of ammo, it makes a dandy club!

Doc Reg

4wheeler
    (1/29/03 8:43:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Which one
    Your choices are good ones,I chose the Beretta Vertec in 40 caliber for one reason:it felt better in my hand,I have small hands and the Glock,Sig,etc. did not feel comfortable in my hand.

fredarmory
    (2/17/03 9:55:14 pm)
    Maybe you looked at the back of American Rifleman too many times to really know, they used to say a 1911 A would never be replaced, and what- a Barreta (really a Italian takeoff of a Mauser) and now A SIG!
    Now a fifteen round 1911 thats more like it!
    But you don't have that choice do you?

1badassmagnum
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/03 12:24:50 pm)
    sorry but I would take either hk over any of the choices.I have only shot a sig p232 and it was a pos.