Which Scope for Ruger 10/22 Carbine

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by this_is_nascar, Mar 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar New Member

Which of these do you beleive would be the best choice on my 10/22. Goal is plinking and target shooting at 25-50 yards.

-- CenterPoint Optics 3-9x32 Rifle Scope, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle.

-- BSA Red Dot Reticle Rifle Scope 3-9x40 Illuminated.

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Neither are steller scopes but they will work. I would tend to go with the BSA with the larger objective but on a 10/22 you may have to go with a taller ring set which will make it harder for you to center you eye to the scope w/o a pad on the comb.

3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Price wise, the Center Point is about $54 and comes with the scope rings and scope flip-open covers. I have one on a .22 rifle I have and the only complaint I have is shooting in low light.

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

A $15 daisy pellet gun scope will suffice for such close ranges.

5. FW!

FW! New Member

I have 2 & have a Weaver R7 .22 scope on both

6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

While that Daisy scope might work in Texas we Yankees might need a little more help. I'd go with the BSA because I don't have any experience with the Center Point.

Josh :p

Todd

7. dksac2

dksac2 New Member

Spend $130. and get a Mueller APV 4 X 14 X 42 AO scope.
    Excellent optics for the price, good retical for fast shooting as well as more precise shooting and lifetime warrenty.

It's a scope that's a keeper. Mine has gone on several different rifles.
    You have to spend twice as much to get better optics and what ever scope you get, make sure it's an AO scope so you can adjust the parrellex for the distance you are shooting.

The Mueller may be towards the bottom of the quality scopes, but it will never end up in the drawer with the other cheap scopes as you upgrade, you will always want it on one of your rifles. Really a great scope for the money.

Optics is one place not to scrimp. Even if you cannot afford a lot, at $130 delivered with a sunshade, the Mueller is well worth buying.
    The deficiencies of cheap scopes become apparent the first time you shoot them. The only thing that you will find with the Mueller is that a more expensive scope will be a little sharper, but the sharpness of the Mueller is great for the price.

John K

8. this_is_nascar

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

9. this_is_nascar

Is this the one you're referring to?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=119797

10. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

I personally found a Leupold M8 4x used on ebay for a little over a hundred dollars. The only thing I want to do with my 10/22 is shoot ground squirrels and small critters. You might try a used (but new production) redfield. They have a lifetime guarantee and are good enough.

11. happy1

happy1 New Member

I've got the Center Point 4x16x40 AO on mine and love it.

Paul

12. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

BSA => Better Stay Away. Wouldn't take the gift of one of those POS things again. Good thing the last two were freebies. Center Point...no exp but I'd opt for something with a more solid reputation. For just an informal plinker, I';d look at Simmons myself. If not a Burris, all mine are Simmons on the rimfires.

13. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

I have a Simmons 3X9X32 .22 Mag Scope with A.O. on each of my 10/22's and they have performed great. They go for $40 to $65 depending on the sales and whether you're going with Black or Silver color. In the under $100 category they are very popular scopes. In the just over $100 category the Mueller APV scope is very popular and a good scope for .22's.

That said, I also have a 3X9X32 CenterPoint .22 Rimfire Scope on my old Remington 512 and it has been an excellent performer as well. I really like the mildot reticle and the optics are very clear even at high power settings.

BSA no experience, but their reputation as a unreliable scope would keep me away from them.

My Simmons on my 10/22:

Attached Files:

14. polishshooter

polishshooter Well-Known Member

Another option is the Bushnell Banner 4x32 .22/shotgun scopes,,,I just bought two on clearance at Gander Mountain for both my .22s, a bolt action JC Higgins (Marlin 81) I rebuilt and my Glenfield 75c carbine and am pleased....they have the "circle-plex" reticles which I am getting used to and kind of like now, precise enough with the crosshairs in the little circle for target but should be (haven't tried it yet on one yet!) nice on moving targets just by using the circle.

New they were only like $65 but I got mine for $32 each!

Just make sure you get a .22/shotgun/airgun scope because the paralex will be set for 50yds not 100 like most big bore scopes...you might not even notice, but I did when I had a different 4x scope on the Glenfield for a while that came off one of my bigger rifles, and then went to these....

15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I have a BSA Sweet 22 that is fixed at 4x. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on a scope, go with a fixed power. I can't stress this enough. Low-end adjustable scopes are more frustration than help (to me at least), but you can put a fixed-power scope on a 10/22 for under $50 and be consistently hitting a quarter at 50 yards. A better shooter could probably do even better.