The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
If the choice is between those 2, go with the Ruger take down. Personally I would buy the Marlin 60, I just like the Marlin 60 better. I was thinking about the take down Marlin Papoose, and I decided no, what purpose would it serve me if I could take it down, none!:) Cliff

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
To me it would depend on what you want to do with the rifle. It is sort like choosing between two vehicles a SUV and a Sports Car. The Ruger like the SUV will let you do a lot of different types of shooting reasonably well. The H&K like the Sports Car costs a lot more will let you run fast, look cool and spend more to operate. Just pick the one you like. My days of going fast and looking cool are well past so I would pick the Ruger,:lmao:

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
10-22 and a 30 rd mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
id agree with todd51 if you wanna put rounds on target downrange go with the 10/22 and mod it out, if ya wanna look cool and pepper the atmosphere gotta go with the HK

·
Registered
326 Posts
I myself always take the easy way out. Buy both that way you get everything you want.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Ruger would be my choice, hands down.

the MP5 lookalike is more of a novelty thing as far as I care, the Ruger is much more useful IMO

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Ruger is a tack driver. The other choice with the fake can will be a potential problem in the future. Every time you bring it out, someone will want to know why you have a suppressor. Plus, the take down is very cool.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
the ruger looks like a pump action bb gun. let us know what you choose, hopefully you go with the marlin 60

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Ruger is a tack driver. The other choice with the fake can will be a potential problem in the future. Every time you bring it out, someone will want to know why you have a suppressor. Plus, the take down is very cool.
So you choose what to buy based on what some nitwit at the range thinks? Being as I have suppressors on most all mine anyway I guess I just do not care what people THINK compared to what I know.

FYI I own BOTH the gsg mp5 carbine pictured and the pistol version. Great shooters lots of fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As the other stated.... Ruger over MP5. If you are looking for a bugout/backpack firearm the ruger definitely. It can use either 10 or 25 rd mags, more accurate, more versitile.
But, as some of the others said, Marlin 60 or 795.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I'd go with the Ruger, it's aproven design thats been around a long time. You can gets lots of add ons, and it won't draw as much ire from the uninformed.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't

1 - 20 of 31 Posts