Whoooaaa... That was CLOSE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobitis, Feb 9, 2010.

  1. Bobitis

    Bobitis Guest

    I had one of those flourescent bulbs go out in my bathroom last Saturday.
    I took it out and set it on the counter while I replaced it with a 60W incandescent bulb.

    Well.... it rolled off the counter and hit the floor.:eek:
    I picked it up and threw it in the trash, not noticing it had broken.

    A few hours later the cat was batting something around the floor and it caught my attention. Holy Crap!

    I picked it up the broken leftover and added it to the trash.

    I'm happy to say that no one in the family, visitors, nor that cat, has suffered any ill effects.

    Did I mention I vacuumed it up after the fact?:p
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  2. Oneida Steve

    Oneida Steve Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2006
    Messages:
    1,191
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    I had one go once and it left a puff of bad-smelling something in the air. Mercury, maybe? Not pleasant.
     

Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
General Discussion And I thought I lived close to the tracks a mile away... Mar 20, 2017
General Discussion Home Invasion Close To My House Has Happy Ending Mar 15, 2017
General Discussion Tragedy hits close to home Jan 31, 2017
General Discussion One door closes, 3 doors open Oct 24, 2016
General Discussion DB Cooper, case closed Jul 10, 2016