·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- Crappie nuggets - with tartar sauce
- Stir fry Crappie onions and peppers - with fried rice
- Shake and bake Crappie - with franks red hot
- Butter fried Crappie with mushrooms - with mashed taters

Those are my 4 favorite....Anybody else know a good way to cookem up...?

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
They all sound good, and a nearby lake is full of them!

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Got all fired up last night watching the Crappie Masters Television Show! Man am I ready for a fish fry! I might go down to the pond and see what I can hook later today. Won't be Crappie, but them blue gills work almost as well!

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Got all fired up last night watching the Crappie Masters Television Show! Man am I ready for a fish fry! I might go down to the pond and see what I can hook later today. Won't be Crappie, but them blue gills work almost as well!
Still drilling holes here.:(

·
Registered
2,954 Posts

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Sandies are fixin to run here. Prolly start movin into the shallows in about a week. Im hittn the water March 9. Last day of CST. Water temp here is averaging 52 degrees right now. Soon as it hits 60.. Its on. And they'll run for about a month with the peak a week after they start. Im ready to get into the hybrids like I did last year. That's some fun fishin. And they cook up just as good as sandies and crappie. You just don't have to catch very many to have a whole mess of nuggets. The average size hybrid is 22" and weighs close to 4 pounds.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Oh yeah.. Best way to cook em....

25/75 mix flour to cornmeal
half dozen lemons cut into 1/4s
taters cut into homefries and washed
yellow squash sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
crappie and/or sandbass cleaned filets cut into strips or nuggets

dust the squash, fries, and nuggets with your favorite seasoning. (Mexican store near me makes some badass seasoning that's good on everything)

dredge it in the cornmeal/flour mix and fry in hot oil til golden brown.

simple, probably a little fattening, and everyone that has blood in their veins will love it.

great simple Tartar sauce recipe.. Jar of mayo mixed with a jar of dill relish. and ketchup for the fries and fried squash..

Dammit now im starving..

And ready to go fishin

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Oh yeah.. Best way to cook em....

25/75 mix flour to cornmeal
half dozen lemons cut into 1/4s
taters cut into homefries and washed
yellow squash sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
crappie and/or sandbass cleaned filets cut into strips or nuggets

dust the squash, fries, and nuggets with your favorite seasoning. (Mexican store near me makes some badass seasoning that's good on everything)

dredge it in the cornmeal/flour mix and fry in hot oil til golden brown.

simple, probably a little fattening, and everyone that has blood in their veins will love it.

great simple Tartar sauce recipe.. Jar of mayo mixed with a jar of dill relish. and ketchup for the fries and fried squash..

Dammit now im starving..

And ready to go fishin
Make that flour/cornmeal combination stick to the fish! Coat the fish with mustard, I like the spicy types, roll in flour/cornmeal mix. You will not taste the mustard, but you will notice the spices!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts