The Firearms Forum banner

Why carry a knife? let me explain.

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Lead Lobber 
#1 ·
I keep seeing guys ask "why carry a knife instead of a gun?" Thats a crazy question to me because both are no more than tools in you're bag of tricks needed for suvival. To this day a soldier is issued or incouraged to buy a knife to carry into combat for the same reasons they had 100yrs ago. A person cannot carry all the ammo he will ever need so what happens when you run out? Without something to fall back on for protection you might as well through dirt-clods at them. The knife is the ultimate survival tool, you can cook,build a shelter, feed yourself & in close quarters take on a enemy with out worrying about colatteral damage to others. To me it's not a "one or the other issue it's more of a "Right tool for the right job issue. That's my two cents anyway, What do you guys think?

G
#2 ·
I doubt you will find many around here who disagree with your assessment, jvb. I've carried a knife of one sort or another most of my life and it's gotten me out of jams on so many occasions I've lost track of them. Like you say, a knife, like a firearm, is simply a tool.

G
#4 ·
I "use" both tools.
Sorta like that old verse by Edna St. Vincent Millay, Pick?

"My candle burns at both ends,
It will not last the night,
But ah my foes, and oh my friends,
It gives such a lovely light!

:D ;) :p

Story of my life in a nutshell. :cool: Hey, you folks ready for some more snow this week? Supposed to be a pretty good storm coming in at the end of the week. :eek:

#8 ·
I also have carried a knife for years. Usually it was a fold knife with a 6 inch blade or a butterfly knife. With the exception of the Butterfly most cops will not say to much to you about having one. I have walked in stores, restaurants other public places with a knife on my side without any problems.
I would rather be in a gun fight than in a knife fight with a person that really knows how to handle a knife

#10 ·
A knife is a whole lot better than bare hands.

However, I would still get the hail out of Carifornica!!!!

#11 ·
Hail California! Live in it or love it. No, it's leave it or love it? No, it's do what it says, giving your last rights up. Pay the taxes, and be told your constitutional rights are bulldozed by your benfactors. Is it time to tell them to die hard, or bend over for a butt #%&(?

It's up to you, California

LL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.