why did you choose the handle, you now use??? ( 1 2 3 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

TEXASGUNMAN1
    (1/7/02 11:51:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    why did you choose the handle, you now use???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few have gotten e-mails from me where I ask them what their handles mean. I have seen some be fairly explainable and understandable for example I probably wouldn't be to far off base when I say that Grunt is probably an Grunt or navy or grunt because he was infantry. But some have letters that obviously mean something to them, but not to all of us.
    Mine is because I like guns,and consider myself handy with handguns and rifles,and yes im from texas

It may be kind of a stupid question but why did you pick your handle?

TG

Visit The Texas Milita-Org Forums

warpig883
    (1/8/02 12:02:37 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: why did you choose the handle, you now use???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warpig because it is an old song I used to listen to and it is a alludes to Harley Davidson. 883 the size of my Sportster and Warpid by itself was already taken on EZBoard and I needed to add to my handle to make it work.

On the CB it is Zookeeper, however I might change it to Warpig.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/8/02 12:04:02 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: why did you choose the handle, you now use???
    I'll bite,

Mine I guess has a triple meaning behind it, the Tac
    is for tactical/tac driver and the 401 was my old unit
    number.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
    (1/8/02 12:20:12 am)
    Hey joker that is only two meanings what is the third?
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/8/02 12:31:16 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Tac = Tactical #1 / #2 Tac driver / #3 401 = unit #
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/8/02 12:37:54 am)
    Tall T - an abreviation of the nickname my grandfather gave me at birth.

TLynn - initial of my first name combined with my middle name.

TallTLynn - combination of the two.

Why?

TLynn on the ez-boards was already taken.

T out!
    TLynn

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 1:05:37 am)
    .280 freak - ya only get three guesses and the first two don't count!

OK, it's because the .280 Rem. is my all time favorite deer hunting round. Didya guess right?

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 7:11:36 am)
    Even u dudes from texas should understand......maybe

the real fredneck
    (1/8/02 7:19:09 am)
    my first name is Fred the rest is because of my "liberal" views and being a hillbilly so on GB I was fredneck then they insulted us as a bunch of miscreants I cam to ezboard and found some posseur had my handle . . . so to set the record straight - the real fredneck

Bob In St Louis
    (1/8/02 8:29:07 am)
    ---------- BECAUSE MY NAME IS GEORGE AND I LIVE IN OMAHA. ----------
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

AGunguy
    (1/8/02 8:32:13 am)
    Gunguy was my first handle way back when it was the first time anyone ever used that handle. Then came the interlopers, gunkid, gungirl, and on and on. Some guy writes a small column in the shotgun news...he calls himself...The Gunguy.

When I came to this board I couldn't get it to accept Gunguy, so, AGunguy became my handle.

Been kicked off a few boards with the Gunguy handle, don't know why, guess not everyone likes a Gunguy.

I've been a gunguy ever since I was in me mid teens...that's over 50 years ago. Always loved guns and reloading.

Gunguy

Xracer
    (1/8/02 8:55:47 am)
    I used to race sportscars in the '60s and '70s. Started using the handle on a couple of racing forums and just kept using it.

Ms Beast
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 9:49:48 am)
    Ms Beast......I am married to the Beast (Timberbeast)! I like this better than Ms Timber, it is more fun!!

gpostal
    (1/8/02 10:02:26 am)
    my first visit to a gun board I thought it was going to be a one time thing ,and I thought I would reflect the way people with guns are stereo typed [GONE POSTAL] ,and like fredneck some wantabe stole it when I came here so I got as close as I could so everybody would know who I was

I thought it was going to be a one time thing ,HA! now I don't shut up

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 11:06:06 am)
    Breaker Breaker good buddy,
    My handle derived from when we had to incorperrate the family farm. The farm needed its own separate identity. My long gone sister in law thought we were a bunch of wise asses. My last name starts with Y, theirfor Y's Acres Farms.

BlackGun
    (1/8/02 11:24:14 am)
    On Gb I was MOFOJO. Now you all that know me know I'm uncle Pervy and what a MOFO is! My last name is Johnson. When we came here, I wanted something more appealing and was into the AR's and BlackGun sounded cool, to me!

But I'm glad you brought the trhead up. I also wanted to know but, was ashamed to ask!
    Make Peace, Not war! He who angers you, controls you! !

BlackGUN

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 11:28:51 am)
    I think I will answer this post later.

Moskovskyya
    (1/8/02 2:24:48 pm)
    I met a Russian soldier in East Berlin a few years ago, and ask him "haben sie vodka" not knowing what else to say to a Russian soldier. His reply was "Nyet ish haben Moskovskyya". After downing a couple bottles of homemade furniture polish smelling alcohol, and working out a sign language / German / English / Russian communication system I found he was fairly impressed with the "Americans" ability to drink, he had apparently thought we were a bunch of sissies. I guess somewhere during the 3rd bottle, and while we were negotiating the purchase his issue overcoat, AK-74, and watch, he started slapping me on the back and and calling me "Moskovskyya". I paid 20 dm for the coat and watch, he wouldn't deal on the carbine. His name was Ivan Pannkov!

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/8/02 3:36:01 pm)
    My handle on GB was Charlie D. When I came to TFF, I couldn't get "Charlie D" accepted. They said I had to choose a "Different name" So ----- here I am.
    Charlie D
    lovin every minute!

I'm worried about Bob....I thot he wuz frum Alaska!

BlackGun
    (1/8/02 4:02:21 pm)
    Charles D! That's one of the funniest stories I ever heard. It reminds me of a friend of mine who went to his local Computer store to sign up for the inter net. The asked him what usernames he wanted to use. He replied "What Ever" So they gave him the user name "What Ever"! That's a cruel but true story!

BlackGUN

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/8/02 4:14:59 pm)
    flhunter = I live in the great state of fl. and I love to hunt. Whether its critters, metal detecting, or firearms, I'm always on the lookout for some kind of treasure.

I use the same name for all the boards. I even had it at brand x until I was banned from there. Maybe I'll go back and try and re-register with it to see if they have forgot. Then again....nah theres no reason to embarass myself by being seen over there.

WyomingSwede
    (1/8/02 4:43:19 pm)
    I am from Wyoming and I am a certified swedish mauser fanatic. (Actually all mausers but swedes are my favorite).
    I also have some sacndinavian in my background.
    Wyoming Swede

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 4:45:33 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    My initial handle was nopain, and when I re-upped to global
    it wouldn't accept that, so I tried needleace. Both related to my occupation as a nurse practitoner in anesthesia (CRNA).
    After 20 years of practice and 4-5000 epidurals +, spinals +
    other assorted regional blocks=needleace. Guess I could have gone with the number of general anesthetics over that time but I didn't want to be a 'General Pain' (my wifes thought).
    ACE

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 5:26:08 pm)
    Because I like SEX and.............. it has nothing to do w/sex.When I was a boy and all my friends had pumps and semi-autos they would rib me about hunting with a double barrel or
    Side X Side.Liked em then,still like em now.

If I woulda know what some of them would be going for now,I woulda bought the hell outa them when they were cheap!Hind sight.

shooter22
    (1/8/02 6:00:42 pm)
    Oh, SXSMAN, I could run with that "hind site" crack, but I won't yet.

Oh what the heck, HEY EVERYBODY< SXSMSAN can see outta his butt!

Ok For the name. I like the rest of the world wanted Shooter. It was taken on BG and ezboard. So I picked the caliber I like to shoot the most, .22 be it rimfire or highpower, nothing like putting .22 bullets in one hole.

BlackGun
    (1/8/02 6:29:31 pm)
    Amen! Kevin! Ya just gotta love those's 22's in what ever flavor they come in!

BlackGUN

218Bee
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 6:57:30 pm)
    `Cause of bees,an stuff.

(Spoken in a gentlemanly southern accent,surprisingly like Val Kilmer in his role as Doc Holliday)

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 7:19:29 pm)
    My preferred form of transportation is a 1976 jeep CJ-7. It's my second one. I bought it so that I could get far enough away from everything so that I could safely shoot my weapons, out of sight and sound is better. The desert is big.

cointoss 2
    (1/8/02 9:26:19 pm)
    My handle derives from the name of one of my boats, which started with a "cointoss" to see if I was going to buy a different boat. As it turned out I passed on the other boat and decided the one I would buy would be named Cointoss, four boats later still have CointossII, just got use to hearing the name on the VHF and on the net.
    cointoss2

Alphamale
    (1/8/02 11:28:07 pm)
    Alpha is a title my friends gave me for different reasons and Male because last time I checked I wasn't female.

robsguns
    (1/8/02 11:28:50 pm)
    | Edit | Del handle name
    I knew and know a retired SSgt, nice guy, last name of Robertson, we all called him SSgt Rob. My last name being close to his, I kind of decided that I'd keep a tradition going when he retired and started using it myself, when taking messages on post it notes and stuff. Its quicker and easier for everyone to say. When I signed up with my internet provider I wanted a user name that was unique and could identify me no matter where I went. So... I like guns, and I like to just be called Rob as its not acceptable to have people call you by your first name in the Corps, thats how you get robsguns. I've actually had someone ask if I steal guns, duh.

Investig8tor
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/02 12:56:49 am)
    | Edit | Del choice of screen name
    I do free-lance cause and origin investigations for insurance companies, mostly fires and losses of unknown cause. I investigate contractor liability and manufacturers warranty investigations. For some of my clients, I also make or negotiate settlements.

Grunt
    (1/9/02 2:43:43 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: choice of screen name
    US ARMY
    Infantry
    Vietnam
    67-68

I have been Grunt since joining the boards about 5 years ago,,,there are now several others who go by that name....in those forums I usually go by Gruntmeister

The Price Of Freedom Is Written On The Wall

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/02 3:49:28 am)
    | Edit | Del why did you choose the handle, you now use???
    There's two of me...hey that means I get two wives!!! Forget that, one is enough, man, two honey do lists would kill me!

It carried over from another board (X), when I was registering I was thinking of my youngest sons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.