The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for basic target loads shells for the break in period on my new shotgun. I have a few hundred rounds of reloads of various varieties. But would like to use factory ammo for the break in so it dont void my warranty should something break. only thing ive been finding is the steel shot and heavy shot type duck loads. I found some last night Aguila 2.75" #9 shot 1 1/8oz $7.99 per standard 25rd box. I figured i better ok it with the boss lady before i bought 4 or 5 boxes. it changed from "Ship to you" to "In store pick up only" since yesterday. it wouldnt be so bad if the store wasnt 145 miles away. I am gonna order 3 boxes of the Kent fast steel for duck hunting this fall.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ive been searching for basic target loads shells for the break in period on my new shotgun. I have a few hundred rounds of reloads of various varieties. But would like to use factory ammo for the break in so it dont void my warranty should something break. only thing ive been finding is the steel shot and heavy shot type duck loads. I found some last night Aguila 2.75" #9 shot 1 1/8oz $7.99 per standard 25rd box. I figured i better ok it with the boss lady before i bought 4 or 5 boxes. it changed from "Ship to you" to "In store pick up only" since yesterday. it wouldn't be so bad if the store wasn't 145 miles away. I am gonna order 3 boxes of the Kent fast steel for duck hunting this fall.
I found an easy way to get by the run it by the old lady deal. Got rid f the old lady! :) You find a deal like that, especially in these time's gt it while you can. 145 mi is a long way to go for shells. In your case I'd just use my own reloads. I load most everything to target velocity and simply change shot size depending on the target! I've never had a new gun malfunction on me but I'm sure some people have. I generally buy inexpensive guns!

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This gun was $500. Its the most expensive gun i ever owned and the 3rd new one the other 2 being a heritage rough rider .22 revolver and a Jimenez Jnine.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I second shooting your reloads. Just how in the heck would the gun maker know what you put down that barrel? If ya lived closer I’d give you four boxes of AA’s as long as I got the hulls back. ;)

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second shooting your reloads. Just how in the heck would the gun maker know what you put down that barrel? If ya lived closer I’d give you four boxes of AA’s as long as I got the hulls back. ;)
Yeah, I think your a bit of a drive

So there i was. At the grocery store. Buying wax worms for my daughter's pet frog. When I glanced to the case with the fishing reels. Well! Well! Well! Hellloooo there beautiful! Says I. Your coming home with me.

·
Premium Member
19,700 Posts
What is a shotgun break-in? I have a lot of shotguns but it never told me to break them in. If you can make it to a Walmart in the morning at like 930 or 10 am they get ammo shipments several times a week. The problem is they are all bought up by 11 am.

* edit. I was doing my post when you posted you found some.
I still am interested in what shotgun you have that needs a break-in?

·
Premium Member
19,700 Posts
I get it. They want you to run some light loads to free it up a bit. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get it. They want you to run some light loads to free it up a bit. Good luck.
im looking forward to the stiff upper back and soar shoulder....lol. its been awhile since i did a long shooting day. what is gonna suck is were supposed to get 9 inches of snow between now and friday. so the snow on the range at my sisters house should be knee deep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts