Why I Shouldn't Go To The Gun Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XShooter, May 12, 2009.

1. XShooter

XShooter New Member

....because I always seem to leave with a package and a lighter wallet!

[​IMG]

2. johnboat

johnboat New Member

well at least it would appear that you wont have any trouble keeping the wallet :D

3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride Active Member

That's why I don't go to the gun shops anymore...

My wallet is light all the time! :(

That's a good look'in Wheel gun XShooter. :)

I loved shooting mine w/ light loads & didn't mind it so much when shooting heavier +P+ .38spl. The .357Mag loads were quite the handfull though, & after a box of 50 I'd be done shooting it for the day.

IMHO, it's the Perfect size/weight for CCW or bug. ;)

SR

4. XShooter

XShooter New Member

yep, this one is for CCW. The full size 1911 is a bit hard to conceal in the summer since I like to wear t-shirts. I really wanted an older Colt Detective Special, but they have gotten very pricey and the Ruger will outlive me anyway.

5. artabr

artabr New Member

Congrats on the purchase and sorry to hear about the weight loss of your wallet. :D

Art

6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Contrary to the opinion of some, you cant have too much gun stuff and guns. Its been proved by scientists in white coats. As for your wallet, hang it, you cant take the stuff with you, anyho the guns worth money, you have 'invested' it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  7. Suicide*Ride

OMG!! :eek: I just noticed the LOCK!!

XShooter, do me a flavor & please explain or show in pics... how the heck the lock is to be used!! JEEEEEZE!! :confused:

SR

8. XShooter

XShooter New Member

It is my understanding that the intent of these locks that are now coming with all new firearms is that they are to be used for securing shackles on corrupt politicians someday?

Seriously, the cylinder is opened, and then the hasp goes through any chamber hole, and then you snap the lock shut. I doubt I'll ever use it.

9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I have one of the same Ruger padlocks, I use it on my garden shed door!

It says made in China on the bottom, and the plastic bit that says Ruger fell off, apart from that it's doing a fine job of securing the lawn mower from use by unauthorised, un trained or young users.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  10. Suicide*Ride

So the lock keeps you from closing the cylinder?!! :eek::confused: What a cluster ***k!! :mad:

(10 minutes later) Now that I've cooled off a little (I HATE LOCKS ON WEAPONS!! :mad::mad:), I guess if Ruger needs to Appeeze the Anti's... that lock would be the least intrusive to their design.

If I ever buy another "new" Ruger & it comes w/ that type of lock, I'll drill a hole in the case handle (like they were done in the old days).

Tanks 4 the heads up... :)

SR

11. XShooter

XShooter New Member

Then I probably shouldn't tell you about the "spent" cartridge case it came with? That is so an FFL in California can send it in to law enforcement for future forsensic use. Should I send it to California since I don't live there?

12. Suicide*Ride

Yeah... that crap makes me mad too!! :mad:

No, don't send it to them!! Mail it to me!! I'd LOVE to hammer it till it is PAPER THIN..... then I'd send to to them!!! :D

That reminds me... when I found out my second X-wife had cheated on me.... I plucked the carat diamond out of her Wedding ring & flattened it (ring) w/ a 5lb sledgehammer till it was foil thin!! :mad:

FWIW - Flattening her wedding ring was the BEST therapy ever!! ;)

SR

13. kevinleif37

kevinleif37 New Member

have the same thing (stainless 2")-what a tank!

357 is just violent out of this, but the 38 is hardly noticable (except for the muzzel flash)

nice buy!

14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I, myself, love the free brass that comes with the new guns. I just wish that more came with them. And that they used better brass. When I bought my 454, if came with a 45 Colt case. :( Y'all got any idea how expensive 454 brass is?

I also like that lock. It looks like it would be usable for something, unlike the ones with the cables (that I have piles of, everywhere, still in their little bags).