Why is this forum software so different?

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by JRL, Mar 11, 2017.

1. JRL

JRL Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow... Thanks all!

Check- watched threads... Tried it, works... Cool

Check- uploading pics.... Was using photbucket... Wow... Direct uploads here are easy-peasey! Better than messing with photbucket

What else? I'm learning a LOT!

Thx

joe45c, BlackEagle, carver and 4 others like this.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Download a lot of goofy pics, they come in handy.

joe45c, dbcooper and carver like this.

3. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I just hate photo bucket! It's so much easier to post a picture here with out it.

joe45c, howlnmad and dbcooper like this.
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There are a few useful tools to check updated threads or posts.

The first thing I look at when I log in is the "alerts" icon on the top right of the screen. If anyone has responded to a post I have responded to or started there is a red flag with white numbers, showing how many responses or "likes" I have had since I last looked. Even when I'm online, it flags up new responses. Hoover your mouse over that and a list drops down. Click on it and it opens up in a tab on your browser. I usually right click on the items and open them in a new tab.

The second useful tool is in the index itself.

On the first index (General Discussion, Introduction Forum, Contests and giveaways etc. ) the icon on the left is red if there are fresh posts since you looked last. If there are no fresh posts, the icon turns grey.

In the General forum itself, if you look at the individual posts you will see a grey dot just in front of the thread title if you have not seen that thread since its most recent post. That grey dot goes away if you look at the post.

There are probably others. I elect to get email notifications of posts to threads I'm watching. Any time I post to a thread it gets put on my "watch list".

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    JRL, joe45c and howlnmad like this.