The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting 6+weeks for an assigned serial on a Glock17 from the local store. Any info on what is causing this delay is appreciated. Has production stopped awaiting decisions in D.C. and/or at the states level? Is demand simply outstripping normal production? What is the cause of this? The G17’s used to be lined up all along the counter space at the stores. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. I called Glock in GA and spoke w/ the Customer Service manager. I was told they have orders for in excess of 1 million handguns. They are running 3 shifts a day of production. And that it will take 3 to 4 months to fill a distributor’s order. Then the dealer orders get fulfilled from the distributor inventory. There is but one distributor in CA. I think Feinstein has put more guns and ammo into the streets than any human in history.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Its the kenyan thats the salesman of the century. The broom lady is just a helper...

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Available here over the counter. G17s, and 19s ready for you to swipe your credit card..

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
6+ weeks? Thats nothing. If you want a special order glock they are 3.6 million behind bc of leo and govt contracts and not to mention public sales. I would take what you can get. We got people here wanting specific blue label glocks and getting all mad when what they want isn't available. Its the norm now. Give it a year, it will catch up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mission accomplished - 70 days! Now to find some ammo to make it more than a paper-weight!

·
Super Moderator
41,407 Posts
If you add three or four more of them, you might be able to use them as an anchor for a small boat.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts