The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I didn't get a whole cannon but one of my buddies on a black powder forum gave me a .50 cal cannon barrel. I just have to make a carriage for it.

Nice! That should make a pretty impressive boom when you fire it! Have you decided what style of carriage you want to make for it?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely some cool looking cannons around here. Of course, this little guy is just encouraging me to buy more. Wife said she would consider letting me get a black powder one for my birthday in March.

Premium Member
Reactions: ysacres

Super Moderator
Quite a few grass small fires ?
The Grass was so tall and dry I had the fire dept. come out for a controlled burn, kinda fun when my buddy says You ever held a fire hose before, I got to jump on the fire truck and squirt water for a bit, I waz a real fireman one time.
We burned about three acres. I remember armed&safe's muzzleloader started a small clump of grass on fire about 20 feet down range. I'm sure that bluetic's cannon was a fire hazard also. good thing the grass was already burnt or TFF washing machine shoot at the Y's acres corals might have been known as
"the firearms fire"

Registered
SHMBO wants a full scale bronze Napoleon 12 pounder, I can't afford the price tag to buy one or to feed it. So I did what I could and built a naval gun in 10 bore. It sits on top of the entertainment center along with a few of her other non functional cannon models she's picked up here and there.

Registered
Back in 1980-81 my shooting buddy while in the Army had a black powder mortar he built in high school that he made the bore to fit the small steel V8 cans of that era. We would fill the cans with sand, launch them, and shoot at them in flight with a 10 gauge shoot gun. Really punishing fun.

Registered
Cool. I didn't get a whole cannon but one of my buddies on a black powder forum gave me a .50 cal cannon barrel. I just have to make a carriage for it.

Carriage build pictorial required! Waiting on a friend to get his lathe set up at his new house. I've got a .50 cal M-2 heavy barrel with the chamber sawed off, should get 3-4 barrels out of it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts