Wilborn.....

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx Active Member

Ms Beast
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/23/02 10:27:50 pm)
    Reply Wilborn.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was told to thank you for my beautiful angel! I received her in the mail and was very surprised, it will sit on the mantel in my living room. I am happy to add her to my collection, thanks again!

I just realized, the angel is named after your son. I am sorry to hear about your son. What you are doing with the angels is a wonderful thing! It sure brightened my day! I would love to send you some cedar wood for your angels if you would be interested, let me know.

Edited by: Ms Beast at: 7/24/02 1:47:33 am

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (7/24/02 7:51:47 am)
    Reply Re: Wilborn.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am very pleased that you rec'd. John's Angel --thank you for letting me know. Red cedar wood is one of my favorite woods to work with--it was a very common wood in the area of the midwest where I was born and raised---in manual arts class, I used to find old cedar stumps and knots and work them into something like smoking stands, lamps, or book ends---actually, it was the only wood I could afford---the aroma of the cedar is like new mown hay--fresh baked bread, new leather---even clothes being ironed. I would so appreciate some, however please don't feel obligated. I remain, respectfully. wilborn

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (7/24/02 8:32:23 am)

Re: Wilborn.....
    Wilborn, MsBeast and timberbeast are the kind of people that enjoy others. Believe me when I say it wouldn't be an obligation from her point of view to send you that cedar.

Ms Beast
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/24/02 7:01:17 pm)
    I will send some out to you, it is white cedar though. We have a swamp full of it at camp in the UP of Michigan. I may not get it to the post office until next week but do expect some soon!

Thanks again!!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/24/02 9:50:01 pm)

Chief,

I will personally second what T said, the Beast's are THE
    best folks one could ever have the pleasure of knowing,
    I know them for quite some time now and they are like family!

Ms. Beast, it sure would be nice if you, your's and friends
    would drop in here and post when you like, the troops I
    know would greatly appreciate it, we really wish more
    folks would jump in when/if possible, all are welcome!

Thanks for comming!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Ms Beast
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/24/02 10:13:23 pm)
    Tac, I will try to stop in more! I don't always remember about this board, guess I could bookmark it!! I took a look around, I was here a longgggg time ago. It sure seems like a nice place with friendly folks...I will stop back again!

By the way, thanks T and Tac for the nice words about us!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/24/02 10:33:15 pm)

Thumbs Up Ms. Beast!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

timberbeast
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/26/02 12:24:52 am)
    Wilborn, that is a pretty piece of work, indeed, and a wonderful tribute. Do you have a planer? If so, we'll sen it rough (northern white cedar), if not, I can plane a few pieces. I'm also going to send you some Black Ash, and some pieces of hard maple, with a trace of birdseye in it. You have to keep these angels flowing out, as it is an important remembrance, and, I'm sure, for you, a labor of love. God Bless.
    Tac, thank you for the kind words, which are truly far too kind. The only thing you can really say about me is that I'm never fake. As far as Lori, you can't say enough!!!
    I feel a little bit out of place at this forum, because I read everything on Vietnam that I can find, and most vets i know really only like to speak with other vets about it. Thank you, every one of you, for doing the right thing for your country as you understood it at the time. I would have, but I graduated in '75.....wasn't much left to do, or so the recruiter told me. Maybe he was wrong. Sounds like it, now.

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (7/26/02 7:25:32 am)
    Thank you for your offer to send the wood to me but with the recent increase in postal rates, such a kind gesture may be prohibitive for you. I covet any wood---I love wood---wood to me is like a shiny object to an old bluejay bird---grab it up and haul it to my nest---I don't search the ground ahead of me for lost coins, but for discarded hunks of wood---. No, I don't have a surface stock planer, however I have the 6" joiner-planer and lots of sandpaper and 'elbow-grease'!!! But please sir, don't feel obligated incurring large postal bills getting me that wood---just your having offered is renumeration enough. sincerely, wilborn