The Firearms Forum banner

Wild Pig Breakfast Sausage

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  The Rifleman 
#1 ·
So whos got ideas or recipes for breakfast sausage using wild pig? I was thinkin about just grindin up all the meat and throwin in some good spices with the mix before i freeze it all. but wondering, since it is wild pig, and very lean...do i need to mix some burger in with it? or something else maybe? Lets hear what yer thinkin!

#2 ·
Helldorado

If I dont have anything to mix with it I usually just grind it up and use it in place of hamburger when I cook.

I have mixed it with deer for very good sausage results and also with a beef cow who had been injured and had to be put down, but man, if you are going to make very much sausage at all, I would think that mixing enough store bought beef to make a difference would get expensive pretty quick.

I really dont have any recipes for sausage, the guy at the local meat locker sells me packages of his seasonings and I mix some of my dried peppers in it for a little more spice.

Crpdeth

#3 ·
ok...so was thinkin...what about cookin all the ground up hoggie, spicin it up like some chorizo, and just freezin it in a bunch of small packages. Let a pack or 2 thaw over night....heat it up on the fryin pan for breakfast, then tossin a couple eggs in there and mixxin it all up? Just a thought that to me makes it all seem alot simpler! :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Look at my recipie for Pork sausage.

It would work out just the same if you used deer meat and the little piggy you shot.

Or just plain.

I forgot to add the ingredient - Garlic to the list.

Once you make your sausage, you can use it in meat loafs and spaghetti and any other thing that you make with plain old hamburger...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.