The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered "Mini Shells" I don't shoot where mag capacity will be any issue so it might be nice to load extra rounds into the mag. I plan on seeing if I can remove the dowel without replacing the old spring.

I am considering these I was wondering if they would feed corectly from the mag tube on my Winchester Model 12.

I only shoot recreationally and mag capacity isn't a restriction where I will be shooting.

·
Super Moderator
42,066 Posts
I have never used any of the mini-shells and I don't know the "mechanics" behind the shell pick up apparatus on any shotgun. Just thinking about the length of those shells (about an inch and a half) and the length of the thing that picks up the next shell (at least two and a half inches), I would think that they would not work. It looks to me like it would want to pick up two of the mini ones.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
20,104 Posts
I don't know as a fact but they say they work in some pumps. Buy a box and give them a try. Let us know if they work.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I bought a couple boxes of the mini shells(00 buck/slug) to use in my stevens bottom load/eject pump which has a shell carrier like what Mossberg uses. Most of the time the shell will flip backwards due to the shell carrier not being a solid piece. If the shell carrier is more like what is used with the Remington 870 they should work. Once it gets in the chamber and is fired the shell ejects with no problem. There is a youtube video testing function of them in a Mossberg and a Remington. To bad I didn't find it before hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts