The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it is my understanding that this new "gun control" legislation will require some sort of permit for ammo as well as guns. So, I'm wondering if that includes all the ingredients to make ammo. So, if I have 100 cases, 100 primers, 100 bullets and enough powder for 100 reloads and a reload press then will that count as having 100 rounds of ammunition?

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
So, I guess what I think I read and what I think I heard just ain't so.

Wellll....something like that would never happen to me.......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
This was in the initial proposal along with serializing ammo but didn't make the final cut.
There was an proposed addendum to that bill, "that a tax be levied on every politician for each stupid gun regulation that could possibly be thought of" just to think of one....it would not pass either...

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
In WA State, they keep trying to ram through new Gun Laws, they cannot legally create a new tax without the vote of the people. But we all know the Democrats are criminals any way.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
I haven't heard anything about a permit to purchase ammo.
Kind of muddy waters here - but are there certain states that already require permits or cards of some kind to purchase ammunition? We don't have it yet here in Colorado, but there was a discussion a while back about this.

Many years ago there was a paper being passed around concerning a conference of Gun Control Advocates during the early Clinton years. Things being considered were military-style equipment (field gear, surplus uniforms, etc.) as well as what was described as a "Cottage Industry" - ammunition reloading and reloading components. As I recall (this was 30 or so years ago) there was a movement to force companies who manufactured reloading primers to formulate a limited shelf life of primers - and to add "tagging agents" into reloading powders to help track who and when powders were sold.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
They probably have to "Pass the Bill to see what's in it". Pelosi's famous quote. I don't put anything past those gun grabbing Democrats and RINOs. Whatever is in the final bill ain't going to be good for the law-abiding gun owners of America.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
I haven't found a place local to me that might have reloading supplies, Ace hardware used to carry Ammo, Primers and a few Powders. Not here they don't. Haven't been to Bimart or Sportsmans Warehouse in a few months to check Powders Cases and Bullets I am flush for now, Already loaded ammo for every thing I shoot is also Good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts