The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I haven't found a place local to me that might have reloading supplies, Ace hardware used to carry Ammo, Primers and a few Powders. Not here they don't. Haven't been to Bimart or Sportsmans Warehouse in a few months to check Powders Cases and Bullets I am flush for now, Already loaded ammo for every thing I shoot is also Good.
Just starting to get back into reloading. Used to do it with a Dillon 550 in the 90's. I ordered a new reloader press but haven't received it yet. I didn't even figure that I'd be able to buy reloading supplies locally. I just figured that I'd be ordering stuff remotely. Maybe I should actually look at the local stores.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Very time I look at Midway for primers they are out of them, Sportsmas Warehouse near me gets them in but by the time I get out of the car they are sold out.

Next place to try is Bimart Ther are 2 of them not too far away.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was watching FOX news when it passed and they listed what was affected by the bill. They didn't list anything about permits at all.
Strengthen background checks for gun buyers under 21 years of age.
Close the so called boyfriend loophole.
Federal subsidies for Red Flag laws.
I also just checked and these are the only ones listed.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Kind of muddy waters here - but are there certain states that already require permits or cards of some kind to purchase ammunition? We don't have it yet here in Colorado, but there was a discussion a while back about this.

Many years ago there was a paper being passed around concerning a conference of Gun Control Advocates during the early Clinton years. Things being considered were military-style equipment (field gear, surplus uniforms, etc.) as well as what was described as a "Cottage Industry" - ammunition reloading and reloading components. As I recall (this was 30 or so years ago) there was a movement to force companies who manufactured reloading primers to formulate a limited shelf life of primers - and to add "tagging agents" into reloading powders to help track who and when powders were sold.
The taggents made it into oxidizing fertilizers. I dont know about ammo or gun powder. I do remember having to show ID and sign for ammo but I think it went away with the 10 rnd limit. About all 22s and lever rifles still have 10 round limits because of that go around.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts