Wilson sts 1911 frame?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Rons Toys
    (4/21/01 7:25:15 am)
    Reply Wilson sts 1911 frame?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone have a idea what a Wilson Sts frame is worth? My old dist has a couple in his retail store and they were asking $209 for it. Should be able to get it for less, I don't have my FFL anymore but I still use him for other stuff. He also has one that has a grip safety fitted and other stuff already staked on for $240.
    Ron

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/21/01 7:53:29 am)
    Reply Re: Wilson sts 1911 frame?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ron, your dealer is only making $10.00 over his cost. You don't find them like that often.

Rons Toys
    (4/21/01 10:25:13 am)
    He has had this thing on display for I guess 4 or 5 yrs now, little surface rust but will clean up well. Maybe I can get it for the old wholesale price..lol Got everything else for a Rem Rand, but after reading all the post about the 1911's makes me want one again. I have had a few in the past and the 1911 style is the best bar none! The best one I had was a collectable Ithaca that was in as issued condition. The guy bought it in 1952 from the NRA for $17.50. It was one of the last to come from Ithaca (Oct 45) and I don't think it was ever issued to the troops. You could tell it was not refinished because the small stamped letters were bright inside.
    Ron

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/22/01 8:55:08 am)
    Sounds good. I hope you get this frame. If so keep us posted. A man needs a good 1911. Or two.....or three......or...............................................