The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you post a picture of the front of the mag tube? I'm not 100% sure but I think you have a Uberti model 1873 in 22lr. The King's patent covered the side loading gate, which I don't see in the pics. The Uberti 22s are only built about every 5-7 years and usually have a waiting list for buyers. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
43,878 Posts
Rick, your pictures would come out a whole lot brighter if you waited until tomorrow morning and take them out in the natural sunlight.

By the way, in case I missed doing so before, allow me to welcome you to The Firearms Forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After seeing the pic of the bottom of the elevator ( the brass part on the bottom) the engraving looks original. The 73 was made in a 22 short version in the 1880's. The finish looks too good to be original but it's hard to tell from photos. The Uberti's that I've seen are all 22lr with cailbre and import marks on the barrel. I'd suggest finding a good Winchester man to have a look at it. Whether it's Uberti or Winchester, looks you got a good one, congrats and enjoy. Sam

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

The serial number (located on the lower tang behind the lever) will tell us exactly when your Model 1873 was manufactured. When you take the new pictures, please be sure to include the caliber marking on the top of the barrel, the marking on the top tang (behind the hammer), and the serial number.

Based on the current pictures, I agree with Sam in that your rifle has been completely refinished.

Bert H.
WACA Historian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts