The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Winchester back from getting a mod made to the stock, finally...between this guy and Josh, here, it's lookin' pretty darned awesome. Gun shop wants a vid from my first trip to sight her in and check out its' shootin'...It sure got a lot of attention from both the employees and other customers...made the ball and chain feel like a movie star picking it up for me :).

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That thing take p-mags? :lmao2:
Here's were I managed to find a case for my lever gun (tough to do!) I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but if you have a store close by give it a go.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nah, it's a lever 30-30 loads on the right side of the receiver. I would like a case...I was thinking of soft leather, deerskin, etc. that would make ol' Dan'l Boone proud lol...it'd look great carrying that while wearing my western holster for either my .357 or black powder pistolas hehe. Oops...LOL...sorry...I didn't notice the hysterically laughing dude after you asked that LOL.
Heeeeeeeeeeeey, those look pretty inexpensive compared to what we've run into around here :). Thanks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Of course you are right- a gun that beautiful deserves a custom case. Mine's a beater Rossi so it's case doesn't need to be styling.

Maybe Josh has a connection?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea, he's prob'ly gettin' bored and needs to be bothered with more stuff. I'm only bothering him about getting me a sniper rifle and shooting at his place right now. Leaves plenty of bother space, don't it?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yeah, a nice elk skin something.....
maybe a little fringe...beadwork...?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking along those lines with a nice skin or somethin'...definitely need a fringe that'd look waaaaaay cool lol.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hobby Mesa, I've literally been drooling over your levergun. I love the finish. Can you tell us what was done to it?
Also, have you had it out to the range yet? If not, we desperately need a range report!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, as you know it's a Winchester 1894, 24", 1/2 octagon barrel...Josh added a globe sight on the front, I've kept the original rear sight for normal distance shooting...he added a thumb extension on the right side of the hammer, disabled the lever safety, a sharp's mid range 4.5" sight mounted behind the trigger on the stock. He also mounted an after market large loop lever for me. I had another "smith" modify the stock so the sharp sight could lay rearward and be plush or just below the stock level. It aimed at the shooter's eye laying back before that mod. They did good work in craftsmanship and matched the tone perfectly. I was extremely pleased with the professional look after all the mods were done. I think that's about it...I expect it to give me a target at over 500 yards...easily. I do believe I have a truly unique 30-30 which feels way cool to me :). The 2nd smith said he'd never seen a similar stock mod request in his 30 years of experience...and Josh tells me the Montana Arms company selling Sharp's vernier sights had never sold one for this type rifle.
Oh, and I'm waiting for a nice day to hit Josh up for his property's use...I can't go for longer range than 250 yards unless I head to our property in West Texas where I can go to a mile for shooting.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
That things a Miroku Legacy 94 gary. Its extremely well fit and finished.. Those japs sure know how to put winnys together. I suspect it will shoot quite well. The folks at MVA were amazed that this was getting put on a winchester 94. I believe the mans exact words were "Extreme Overkill" The rear sight base is custom made for the screw spacing on the legacy 94 tang safety winchesters. I think it all turned out real good. and I cant wait to see it make the cold steel ring at 250.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
indeed it does.. These fine folks at TFF are quite demanding.. ;)

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
or, since my eyes are perfectly good, you could bring it to me and ill dial it in at 200.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts