The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Winchester model 1894, serial number 10243. It has been in the family and putting food on the table since new. It is in good working condition, but not like new. Wondering about the value, curiosity only, not for sale.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,319 Posts

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,860 Posts
I recently acquired a Winchester model 1894, serial number 10243. It has been in the family and putting food on the table since new. It is in good working condition, but not like new. Wondering about the value, curiosity only, not for sale.
We do like pictures, Steve, and the clearer, more detailed you can provide showing any markings on the receiver or barrel, the better.

I dearly love the pre-64 model 94 my Dad gave to me before he died, but I also know that the venerable '94 was the "go-to" gun for decades, and I know that there are a lot of them out there, not worth a whole bunch, retail. If you're in a position to continue the family tradition of putting food on the table with this gun, I recommend that you do so. Selling it is not going to reap large sums, and I know that the spirit of the rifle will rest much more peacefully if it is employed in some meaningful endeavor.

Go get a coyote, then post a few pics here of your kill; it will be appreciated much more here than anyplace else.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here, so stick around!

·
Registered
764 Posts
It would help if you told me which caliber that it is, which variation that it is, and post several clear detailed pictures of it... not all Model 1894s were created equal.

You should consider documenting the family history of your Model 1894. It was manufactured in October of 1895. I recommend that you start by contacting the Cody Firearms Museum (CFM) records office and purchasing a Factory letter.

Bert H.
WACA Historian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts