The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, experts. This is my first request, please feel free to make suggestions on the format.
I have no interest in selling this Winchester 1906, just wondering what I have. It will be left to my son or buried with me. I do see from the serial that it was made in 1919. I would call the condition good. I buffed the patina off, it fires well, finish on the stock is glossy, buttstock is beat up, and there a a couple of small drips of paint on it.
1906.1.jpg 1906.1.jpg 1906.2.jpg 1906.3.jpg 1906.4.jpg IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0370.JPG

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
39,828 Posts
I acquired one of them in trade several months ago outside a gun show and it looks no where near as good as yours. Mine is pretty beat up, a lot of surface rust that was starting to pit, but the thought of buffing never entered my mind. It is a good thing you are not planning to sell it cause you buffed the value off of it, just keep it oiled. I did order some new wood for mine from Numrich Arms but haven't tried to put it on yet. Mine is a pretty good little shooter but it has problems ejecting the spent cartridges. Thought about having goofy (one of our members) restore it but just don't want to spend the money.

Oh yeah, the format of the post and pictures - looking good!

·
Premium Member
9,862 Posts
I’m a little lost. What exactly are you wanting to know? You knowingly buffed away the collector value and said you have no interest in selling it so I’m thinking an estimated value isn’t what you’re asking for. Just a little confused on what you’re needing from us. You have a neat 22 pump that was designed by John Browning. They’re great squirrel and bunny guns and can shoot short, long and long rifle cartridges. I think I’d stay away from Stingers and stick with standard velocity ammo.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Leave your son something nice, have it blued, and either refinish the stocks, or replace them with some fancy grain walnut replacements. Folding Beech front sight, and Lyman tang sight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts