The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a Winchester Model 65 218 Bee. It belonged to my great uncle and wanted to know the value. It has marbles site and the serial # is in the 500,000's. It is in awesome shape with not one blemish on the blueing and not a single dent or scratch on the stock. Below is a picture. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
i don't know anything about gun values but i bet u could get $5000 for that gun it is beautiful, lets see what the others say

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Eye catching rifle, but that finish was definitely not done by the factory. As a refinished duded up rifle the collector interest is not there, so the value is just what a buyer is willing to pay and the owner is willing to accept.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What Wonderwhippet said but it sure is a pretty gun! Keep it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

What you actually have is a Model 1892 that has been rebarreled with a much later production Model 65 barrel. There is almost nothing about the rifle that is factory original. If you look under the tang sight, you will find that it is marked "MODEL 1892".

While it may look nice to some people, it has essentially no "collector" value what-so-ever. The value of your highly altered Model 1892 is purely in the eye of the beholder, and the vast majority of gun people would offer you something < $1000.

Bert H.

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
if nothing else.. it's a neat cartridge though.. :)

a 218 bee was what got me into reloading. got the rifle, and a set of CH dies and a couple boxes of new, un opened cleanbore brass with it.

of course that made me go out and buy a reloading rig.. :)

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Oh, man, all modified like that, I don't think you could get over a couple hundred bucks.
So I will offer you $250, just because I am such a GENEROUS guy - -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts