The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is not too pleased.I came across a Winchester Lever Action in .30 WCF.
The rifle is not pristine new in the box, but it is at least NRA 90 percent .the serial number on it dates it to 1942. It is all original. Could someone give me a range of values for this rifle.Thanks Cliff.:) I can't do
pictures at this time.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Without more info, I will have to make a WAG. Assuming it is a standard Model 94 carbine, the retail value would be about $550-600. I don't know if that makes anyone pleased or displeased.

Jim

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,my wife will be a little chagrined as usual but...! What other info do you need :) Cliff call if you want,978-424-7024

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
The barrel marking would help, and the serial number. Is it a Model 94? Are there any unusual features, like an octagon barrel, extra fancy wood, engraving?

An inscription like "From George C. Marshall to my friend George Patton" would increase the value just a little bit. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I appreciate your sense of humor,made me chuckle. There are no engravings...,on the Barrel it reads,made in New Haven,Conn of U S America,Winchester Proof Steel,Winchester Trademark,Model 94 -.30 WCF. SERIAL # 1265xxx loked it up made in 1942. On upper tang reads Winchester Trade Mark-Made in USA Gun has butterfly rear site,and hooded front sight :)Cliff

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Sounds like the common 94 carbine. The value I mentioned applies. Winchester revamped their whole line in 1964 and those pre-64 rifles are sought after. The problem is that there were so many, the price remains low unless the gun in like new, in the box, with all the papers.

Jim

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information ,the guy wanted 500 said he would take 450.I think that is a fair price.:) Cliff

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello Cliff,

Model 94 serial number 1265999 in early February of 1941. The complete serial number on your Carbine will get you the exact date. Does it have a "W" stamped below the serial number?

Bert H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts